Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Grainy Image on Smartphone

2edgesword

Reaction score
Hi fellow Tello flyers. I just got my Tello last night and had no problems getting it up and running with the controller. The lighting inside my house is dim and I got the low light warning message on my smart phone screen. Would this low light condition cause the video image streamed to my phone to be very grainy?

In looking at some of the pictures and video on the forum I've been very impressed with the quality of the photos and the video is good for 720p but what I'm seeing on the screen is very poor. Will good lighting improve this?

After doing some research into the issue I loaded the latest firmware update and thankfully it has solved the grainy image issue.

Hi fellow Tello flyers. I just got my Tello last night and had no problems getting it up and running with the controller. The lighting inside my house is dim and I got the low light warning message on my smart phone screen. Would this low light condition cause the video image streamed to my phone to be very grainy?

In looking at some of the pictures and video on the forum I've been very impressed with the quality of the photos and the video is good for 720p but what I'm seeing on the screen is very poor. Will good lighting improve this?
The unique form that i know for improve the video quality is increase the "Bitrate = 4mbps" before each flight. (if the tello aircraft is far, the quality will be poor and have "skipframes")

I advice you see the next video:

The unique form that i know for improve the video quality is increase the "Bitrate = 4mbps" before each flight. (if the tello aircraft is far, the quality will be poor and have "skipframes")

I advice you see the next video:
Thanks for the education. I'm a video newbie so this info is helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James_All-In