Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Greetings from Maryland,USA.

Biggie777

Reaction score
I forgot to do the meet and greet. I'm new to Drones and old to RC. Been into RC since I was a kid, everything nitro and electric from cars,boats, motorcycles,plains,helis, including building from scratch (my favorite) too ARR/ARF too RTR/RTF etc.. I have done it all and when drones came out,I read and kept up a little bit to know where the technology was but really didn't keep up enough because FPV really blindsided me and pulled me back in quick. I had a lot to learn and relearn from old school to new school.

So here I am,and after countless hours of really wondering what I wanted as a first drone,I found the Tello and was very happy with it. Since then,I bought another one and the new DJI Mavic mini 2 which I have not run yet. I am greatly looking forward to getting into FPV quad racing and freestyle,Mainly freestyle as I am not even close to being able to race or compete. I've been on two flight sims -freerider and DRL.. like them both but now the tello is my focus so here I am.

Hello everyone.

Reactions: 2ps and Flydrone
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . (y)

Reactions: Biggie777
So here I am,and after countless hours of really wondering what I wanted as a first drone,I found the Tello and was very happy with it. Since then,I bought another one and the new DJI Mavic mini 2 which I have not run yet. I am greatly looking forward to getting into FPV quad racing and freestyle,Mainly freestyle as I am not even close to being able to race or compete. I've been on two flight sims -freerider and DRL.. like them both but now the tello is my focus so here I am.
The Tello, combined with Tello FPV app and a "VR" box (the type you put a smartphone in) is a great way to get a feeling of what sensations FPV quads racing & freestyle will bring, without investing much money and without taking much risks (due to Tello's reliability).

That said, most of my experience in RC is with Tellos, I'm currently beggining with FPV flying, also just received my first FPV car ever, I used to hate cars, but I clearly like RC :)

Welcome in

The Tello, combined with Tello FPV app and a "VR" box (the type you put a smartphone in) is a great way to get a feeling of what sensations FPV quads racing & freestyle will bring, without investing much money and without taking much risks (due to Tello's reliability).

That said, most of my experience in RC is with Tellos, I'm currently beggining with FPV flying, also just received my first FPV car ever, I used to hate cars, but I clearly like RC :)

Welcome in
I have the new volatello app with vr function if that is the app you are referring to? I've also have a wearility sky headset that I put my phone into. I was using the original app vr function at first but it was to hard to set it up because had to slide the thing to run and then let it hover while putting it into vr mode and sliding the glasses in. Lol

I have the new volatello app with vr function if that is the app you are referring to?
Yup; unless another app had been made recently without me noticing.

A lot of fun. Couple tips I use :

* Turn on "auto start video at takeoff", with goggles on the video recording can save your Tello's life (helping you to find it after crash for instance).
* Map the "Stop" button on your controller. If something goes very wrong you can "kill" the Tello by pressing stop 5 time very fast. Practice using this once or twice, the day you'll need it it may save your Tello's life.
* Make sure you know how to switch from sport / cinema mode with your controller ( Tello can't fight much weather without sport mode, I would'nt recomend going outside in stable mode only).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv