Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Greetings from Oslo!

Phantom3D

Reaction score
Hello, bought my first Tello a few weeks ago. I have been flying the DJI Air back in the day, but because of rules and regulations for drones above 250g, I sold it.

I Find the Tello really fun and it gets no bad attention, also the Linksys WIFI repeater gives it good range for playing around.

Today, with about 2-3 hour of total flight time I noticed that the battery only lasted about 6-7 minutes. I inspected the drone an noticed that one propeller stopped much earlier than the others after landing. This motor also had slight a grinding sound when I turned it and got much hotter. I was able to change it for a brand new Tello without question.

How often does this happen? I crashed once into wood 1m high, and I have cut some grass while landing once, no scratch or mark on any propeller nor the drone.

Oh, and I love Classic Mini's

2023-07-20 15.05.43.jpg

Well that can happen with the first crash or with crash number 267. Or never.

I have (slightly) crashed my first Tello literally hundrets of times during initial App development and it was flying really well up to around 60-65h flight time, and still flies with some issues. It's an early 2018 with around 80h on the clock so well beyond expected lifetime, and now serves mostly as decoration. I have newer Tellos for my use.

Reactions: grimsweeper
Well that can happen with the first crash or with crash number 267. Or never.

I have (slightly) crashed my first Tello literally hundrets of times during initial App development and it was flying really well up to around 60-65h flight time, and still flies with some issues. It's an early 2018 with around 80h on the clock so well beyond expected lifetime, and now serves mostly as decoration. I have newer Tellos for my use.
I have bought both TelloFPV and TrackMe, great apps! Thank you so much for creating those.

In hindsight I think I figured out what happened, the few crashes I had did not cause this but a "landing" in somewhat high grass where one straw got entangled around the motor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atapattu