Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Grey images

Im using a Xiaomi wifi extender powered from the OTG port on my S8.
I can easily reach the full length of a football pitch which is plenty far for me as the drone is barely visible.
Using fast mode has been key to rescuing the drone a couple of times.
Hi...thanks! Yeah I have the Xiaomi too, the white one? Ive heard that one key is to get it away from your phone to really extend range...I tried it with a power bar (cellphone battery). Not sure about any more range...It was a windy day... I am curious what you mean by fast mode helped you rescue your drone? I have found that being able to land...or find that button fast has gotten me out of trouble..even if I exit it later. it seems to stablilize it.

I meant that if the drone starts to drift, or get pulled by the wind, whacking it quickly into Fast means I can pull through the breeze and back close enough to me to initiate a landing

Reactions: Yo-dude
You know KarlosDaishi, that little 80gram drone really takes some great shots doesn't it? I've got a Canon camera that this little drone will give a run for the money!! LOL just kidding but it really does do an excellent job with pictures, but the person taking them is as important as the scenery their taking. Good Pics!

You know KarlosDaishi, that little 80gram drone really takes some great shots doesn't it? I've got a Canon camera that this little drone will give a run for the money!! LOL just kidding but it really does do an excellent job with pictures, but the person taking them is as important as the scenery their taking. Good Pics!
Thank you.

I was saying something very similar to the wife the other day, in the respect that unless I need the zoom of my DSLR lenses, my phone is capable of as good, if not better pictures than my 'normal digital camera.

Image quality wise, I'm really impressed with the Tello. Bang for buck its probably the best photography tool I own.
Would a little higher megapixel count be appreciated, hell yeah - but that would up the cost.

Well, today was a disaster.

Got it in my head to try flying without the prop guards. It was both a blessing and a curse...
Flew for about 5 mins, had a close brush with a tree. Decided to try and take one last pic, the video feed froze and the Tello started flying away from me towards a massive tree.
I tried to fly out of the way but hit 'down' instead of back. Straight into a branch.
Luckily, the drone bounced down from the tree all the way to the ground but I lost 3 propellers, and I'd already lost one.
Oh well.. I've ordered a new set, but in the mean time I'm grounded.1525862669962.jpg1525862471308.jpg

Reactions: Drone It and ASK82
any idea on when this update will be available? I spent a day with mates down the beach playing football and snapping away on the Tello and when I got home found nothing but greyed out boxes. I thought it was defective or the sea air had caused this effect, needless to say, I was disappointed as this was straight out of the box with the latest firmware update. cheers.

any idea on when this update will be available? I spent a day with mates down the beach playing football and snapping away on the Tello and when I got home found nothing but greyed out boxes. I thought it was defective or the sea air had caused this effect, needless to say, I was disappointed as this was straight out of the box with the latest firmware update. cheers.
No idea I'm afraid. Installing simple gallery is a workaround at the minute.

New blades arrived so it would only be right to test them.
Using xaomi repeater plugged into the OTG socket on my phone. Getting 100m+ before losing signal.
Going to try using powerbar tomorrow.

30m up no problem, interesting to see that the greenfly infestation at ground level is still showing at that height.

An internet donut for anyone identifying the song.

Just for a change, a photo of my tello 20180606_123615.jpg
(Taken with the phone that was flying it, happily hovered whilst I snapped the shot)

And a quick video test... this was range extender on, airplane mode and Bluetooth location disabled. No prop guards, which seems to increase speed and responsiveness.

Picked my tello up yesterday, and updated to the latest firmware.
On galaxy S8 im getting choppy frame rates, and the images are grey squares.

Ryze have said this is being worked on in the next firmware, but in the mean time, ive discovered opening the images in pixlr will actually 'find' the picture data.

Its not ideal, but its workable.

Just a shame the weather was awful so i didnt get to try it fully

Same problem... S9. Thanks for the fix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid