Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Has anyone decoded the log headers/messages from the Tello?

@SMerrony

Hello Stephen, sorry to bother you. The FlyToYaw() function allows rotation with respect to an absolute angle (the initial -at power on- 0 deg). Would you mind to implement also a relative rotation (maybe it's your early TurnByDeg)?

@SMerrony

The FlyToYaw() function allows rotation with respect to an absolute angle (the initial -at power on- 0 deg). Would you mind to implement also a relative rotation (maybe it's your early TurnByDeg)?

Done ;-) See AutoTurnByDeg()

I had to rename some other funcs for consistency.

Reactions: fcsorx
Done ;-) See AutoTurnByDeg()

I had to rename some other funcs for consistency.

Many thanks! Great work for all yours tello developments. Looking forward to see your implementation for XY movements (hopefully relative displacement :) ). And... "Go" on, Stephen!

@SMerrony
I saw in github your auto2 branch of tello. I thought it would be nice to implement a FlyToDelta(DX, DY, DT) function , where DX,DY are displacements (deltas) from actual (Xi,Yi) position and DT is delta angle with respect to the direction of movement ( I attached a figure hoping it would be more clear). For instance, some meaningful cases: setting DT=0 the tello will proceed to target moving forward; setting DT=-90 tello will proceed moving right; DT=90 left; DT=+/- 180 backward. So tello will first rotate from initial yaw (theta+DT in figure) and then move to delta target. This command should synthetize a lot of possible XY movements. A nice to have is also setting units in cm. Is it feasible or am I missing something?

FlyToDelta.png

Hey guys,

Newbie here... I've read all the post and tried to follow with my basic knowledge but I have to say this has all gone straight over my head! Is there more of a starter version of this thread to get me started?

I'm curious if anyone knows if something like this could be possible on the spark. It also has wifi connection but doesn't have its own API as a feature. I've looked at it's sub and around the web but there doesn't seem to be any custom software written for it. Curious if we could also sniff the packets on that.

@SMerrony
I saw in github your auto2 branch of tello. I thought it would be nice to implement a FlyToDelta(DX, DY, DT) function , where DX,DY are displacements (deltas) from actual (Xi,Yi) position and DT is delta angle with respect to the direction of movement ( I attached a figure hoping it would be more clear). For instance, some meaningful cases: setting DT=0 the tello will proceed to target moving forward; setting DT=-90 tello will proceed moving right; DT=90 left; DT=+/- 180 backward. So tello will first rotate from initial yaw (theta+DT in figure) and then move to delta target. This command should synthetize a lot of possible XY movements. A nice to have is also setting units in cm. Is it feasible or am I missing something?

View attachment 723

Hey I actually have this working. Simple fly to point right now, but I already have the code to daisy chain them together for one continuous motion.

I'm curious if anyone knows if something like this could be possible on the spark. It also has wifi connection but doesn't have its own API as a feature. I've looked at it's sub and around the web but there doesn't seem to be any custom software written for it. Curious if we could also sniff the packets on that.

I'm not sure there are many other commercially-sold drones that have the API exposed to the same extent as the Tello; maybe the Parrot AR 2.0. The only other ones I know with autopilot and the like are the custom-made ones where everything is coded from the ground-up.

Reactions: VR_Dev

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843