Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello from Colorado

Santiago

Reaction score
Hello. I probably should have posted here first, before posting my first contribution (found here: Lighting Mod - Fiber Optic Nav/Orientation Lights Powered by USB OTG.) Perhaps I would have avoided the heavy moderation I'm experiencing.

At any rate, I've been lurking, and find this to be a compelling community. I am grateful for the opportunity to take part, and have already found so many answers here.

I started piloting RC aircraft 8 or 9 years ago, flying everything and anything I could get my hands on, sailplanes to CP helis. I built my first FPV rig in 2011/12 using a Parkzone Radian as my platform, Spektrum control, and Eagletree electronics including full telemetry, GPS, OSD, stabilization, pan/tilt head tracking, diversity, RTH, and more. FPV is where I found two of my biggest passions (electronics tech and flight,) combined.

I took a break from the hobby for a couple years, in fact giving away and selling every RC related item I had. Having a clean slate, 6 months ago I made the (best) mistake of buying a tiny little FPV quad from China, the S9W, which flew like a champ, and was a blast. After about 4 weeks, the S9W did a fly off at the park, landed out of site near a ditch, and was never seen again. Unable to bear the emptiness, I immediately began hunting for another quad. One thing led to another, and suddenly my alter ego was walking out of the electronics store with new Mavic Air Fly More, on a price match deal. Just like that, I was FLYYYING!!, again. The MA is absurdly fun to fly, not to mention the fancy camera equipment on board. Anyway, no less than 5 more Chinese micro drones after that, I decided to take a chance on Tello. After a very rocky start, characterized by harsh swings in stability, control, overall performance, and of course enjoyment, I've mostly debugged/optimized my methods, and can see so very clearly now what all the hype is about. Tello ranks at the top of my most fun to fly aircraft, and gets daily use. There are still times when performance seems mysteriously compromised. I'm working to eliminate batteries as a possible cause, and for now I chalk it up to general interference.

Unfortunately, after only a few weeks, my Tello had to go in for a warranty repair after the power button failed. Once I completed the basic Ryze service requirements, in what was a very smooth process, I made it exactly one day before I had to go get another Tello. I could not bare without it. Shipper says she'll be delivered back to me tomorrow. I will have no problem making use of two, and look forward to having the option to share with a friend.

Thank you, to all members, admins and moderators, for comprising, and providing this helpful, entertaining community. Cheers!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: Santiago

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid