Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hi from U.K.

Colinfowler

Reaction score
Hi
I live close to Heathrow airport, for over 50 years I've been into rc flying, building of cars, boats,planes,helicopters and drones for around 4 years.
I've jumped over from mavic forum. I got so bored due to our lousy weather I picked one up from Argos

Welcome to our newest forum .Hope you find all the resources you seek and look forward
to any photos or videos you might post .
Any issues just ask.
Enjoy (y)

Hi
I live close to Heathrow airport, for over 50 years I've been into rc flying, building of cars, boats,planes,helicopters and drones for around 4 years.
I've jumped over from mavic forum. I got so bored due to our lousy weather I picked one up from Argos
Hi, I'm also close to Heathrow, out to the west near Staines. Have you found any decent places to fly in the area? So little opportunities round my way.

hi
im in west drayton just outside NFZ
I normally don't fly locally with my mavic but if I do I go to:
yeading brook hayes
saxon lake colnbrook
little Briton, packet boat lane, cowley
west drayton park, church road car park
hanworth flying field
Richmond park flying field, white house car park

Reactions: Londroner
hi
yeading brook hayes
saxon lake colnbrook
hanworth flying field
Richmond park flying field, white lodge car park

Hi to everyone just want to ask something is it okay to tello lipo battery to bring on travel by plane is there no requirement to buy a lipo bag for it.

If it's only the one in the tello no
Bag for spares
How about if have 2 extra batteries do i need to buy that lipo battery safety bag? I have my case/bag for the drone it self already I'm just confused about this i dont want to have issue at airport

hi
yeading brook hayes
saxon lake colnbrook
hanworth flying field
Many thanks, some great suggestions. Looks like Saxon Lake and Little Britain Lake are closest to me. Any problems parking at these places? How close can you get by car? Thanks again. Hope to catch you flying at one of these locations sometime.

Many thanks, some great suggestions. Looks like Saxon Lake and Little Britain Lake are closest to me. Any problems parking at these places? How close can you get by car? Thanks again. Hope to catch you flying at one of these locations sometime.
Little Britain parking is limited but free for as long as you like, if it's crowded with walkers and fishermen, walk or drive as far as you can and you will see an entrance on you left for a ramblers walk.
Saxon lake park in colnbrook village and walk straight through the church yard out to a public footpath. You will come up to the M4 look left and there is a stile, this takes you round the lake and on to some nice parkland.
Or there is unrestricted parking in and around Little Benty west drayton, it's a dead end with a footbridge over the M4 to the stile by the lake.

Last edited:
How about if have 2 extra batteries do i need to buy that lipo battery safety bag? I have my case/bag for the drone it self already I'm just confused about this i dont want to have issue at airport
Regs only say " in a bag with electrical connections covered with tape "

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv