Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hi there

volate!lo

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello before I get into medias res!

I bought a Tello a few weeks ago after having owned a dozen or so drones over the years: Syma x5, Syma x11, Hubsan H107d FPV, Parrot Bebop 1, Parrot Bebop 2, Parrot Swing, Zerotech Dobby, plus a couple of no-name drones I forgot.

So I bought a Tello and my first reaction was: wow!
Tello has decent battery time for such a tiny drone, good camera and is stable even outside with a little wind. With the range extenders I used for my Bebop I can fly way beyond line of sight. Some 300-400m are easily achieved.
FPV beyond line of sight is illegal here with drones above 250gr and that was one of the reasons I haven't used my Bebop much recently. Actually I used my Tello much more as its a perfect fit for this...

However I didn't like the Android apps availabe for controlling Tello so I started coding - I am a Java developer by trade so why not! I am currently ironing out the last few bugs I found in my app. I am a few days away from going public so stay tuned. Sometime this weekend I think

A question to the moderators:
Is it OK if I introduce the app here on Tellopilots? My app will become a commercial offer once ready for public use and I thought I'd ask if promoting commercial apps is OK with you. If you agree I could also upload a time limited version for beta testing by interested forum members. The APK is about 1.5MB in size so pretty small.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
As far as what you ask I would send the Admin that question in a message @clackey to be sure
it is ok .

Reactions: ZulKurniawan
Yes, this is fine. Normally we'd require members to be an approved vendor to post apps like this but we have a little more leniency in the tellopilots forum since there is quite a lot of developer innovation going on here...

5 months and 1500 posts later my little app passed the 10.000 installations milestone. Time to celebrate. ?????

And time to say thank you TelloPilots Forum! The introduction would have been much harder without this forum.
Tomorrow I'll be off with a bad hangover!

1558778753266.png

Thanks to TelloFPV our little Tello will never be the same. You did an amazing work. ;)

Congratulations !

Raul.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv