Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

I want to learn from your mistakes!

NoobieMcNoobster

Reaction score
I'm new to flying, the Tello is my first drone!

Would you be so kind as to tell me everything you've done wrong, mistakes made, or cautionary tales?

I'd love you forever! :love:

Plus could make for an epic thread, no?

Happy flying,

Andee

Attachments

• IMG_20190115_110247.jpg
    IMG_20190115_110247.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
My biggest thing so far was lack of a headless mode, which made it more difficult to know which direction it was facing. Crashed into a wall going right when it was supposed to go left!

I just look at the camera view and not the drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest thing so far was lack of a headless mode, which made it more difficult to know which direction it was facing. Crashed into a wall going right when it was supposed to go left!

I just look at the camera view and not the drone
Placing Tello in it's nice case, and stuffing that in a bag just to find one motor shaft bent afterwards. Lesson learned: Cheap softshell cases are good for keeping everything at hand and for a walk to the park. Use a hard shell Hello Kitty lunchbox now for serious travels.

Other than that never had any serious issues, despite crashing a hundred times (literally, during early development stages when my App didn't what it was supposed to do)

I'm new to flying, the Tello is my first drone!

Congrats... as a first, you got the best of the mini-drones!

Would you be so kind as to tell me everything you've done wrong, mistakes made, or cautionary tales?

Download the User Manual from the Ryze website
Read the manual
At first... take everything slow, think it through
Plan on learning the basics a second time... a third time, maybe - until it becomes natural
Don't try to 'accessorize' too quickly - game controllers and wifi extenders complicate things

What brand/model phone will you use?

If Android, choose a good alternative app. The oem Tello app is limited compared to 'aTelloPilot' and 'TelloFPV' apps.

Good Luck! and - Keep the shiny side up!

Placing Tello in it's nice case, and stuffing that in a bag just to find one motor shaft bent afterwards. Lesson learned: Cheap softshell cases are good for keeping everything at hand and for a walk to the park. Use a hard shell Hello Kitty lunchbox now for serious travels.

Other than that never had any serious issues, despite crashing a hundred times (literally, during early development stages when my App didn't what it was supposed to do)
pfft, I still crash mine doing stupid stunts. So far still flying strong.

May be you can learn from cool things and not of mistakes:

Buy a WiFi Extended/repeater.
Buy a Second or third Batterie.
If on Android, buy TelloFPV.
If you like Face Tracking, buy aTelloPilot.
Best: Buy the GamesirTS1 to Connect via OTG cable.

Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv