Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Impressed

microlinux

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on a Tello today and took it out on its maiden voyage. I have to say, I am very impressed.

It's very stable, I had no problem flying through doorways and aisles in a warehouse. Carpet or concrete, didn't seem to really matter as far as the VPS. It was not unlike operating a larger DJI drone, albeit at much lower heights.

I didn't have as many problems with video stuttering as some people have reported. A few minor hiccups, but overall decent FPV and recorded video. The picture quality seems good for the price point. I flew around a Ubiquiti UniFi AP, didn't really notice any interference effects - but I was only standing maybe 20 or 30 feet from the drone, controlling with an iPhone.

The virtual joysticks are not bad at all, I was able to execute relatively precise maneuvers. I'd still prefer a controller, but I think just a phone is a viable option.

Reactions: Yo-dude
I finally got my hands on a Tello today and took it out on its maiden voyage. I have to say, I am very impressed.

It's very stable, I had no problem flying through doorways and aisles in a warehouse. Carpet or concrete, didn't seem to really matter as far as the VPS. It was not unlike operating a larger DJI drone, albeit at much lower heights.

I didn't have as many problems with video stuttering as some people have reported. A few minor hiccups, but overall decent FPV and recorded video. The picture quality seems good for the price point. I flew around a Ubiquiti UniFi AP, didn't really notice any interference effects - but I was only standing maybe 20 or 30 feet from the drone, controlling with an iPhone.

The virtual joysticks are not bad at all, I was able to execute relatively precise maneuvers. I'd still prefer a controller, but I think just a phone is a viable option.
I like the tactile feel of a RC controller. Was not too im
pressed with the app virtual controller.

the virtual controls do lack a sense of position.

That was also my experience -- until I supplemented my fingers with a stylus similar to the attached (type B004GCJEZU into the Amazon Search bar).

With the stylus, control of the aircraft felt at least as precise using my android Smartphone as it did with my iPad Mini 4 in combination with the attached MFI-certified controller that sells for $99.95 (type B01MR4VLJW).

Attachments

• Stylus.JPG
    Stylus.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 2
  • GV140.JPG
    GV140.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 2
I don't love the virtual controls either. I only found glitchy video when doing flips but have only flown about 75ft away. I have been flying mine out the kitchen window to see if anything is in the Havahart trap.

That was also my experience -- until I supplemented my fingers with a stylus similar to the attached (type B004GCJEZU into the Amazon Search bar).

With the stylus, control of the aircraft felt at least as precise using my android Smartphone as it did with my iPad Mini 4 in combination with the attached MFI-certified controller that sells for $99.95 (type B01MR4VLJW).

So you have the MFI certified controller? How do you like it? It does not with with android devices does it?

I'm nut sure I'd like the stylus. And that controller in the picture, that's the Gamevise and that only works with Apple products ?. I still can't figure out why the Gamesir T1 won't work with my droid?

I'm nut sure I'd like the stylus. And that controller in the picture, that's the Gamevise and that only works with Apple products ?. I still can't figure out why the Gamesir T1 won't work with my droid?

Hi. It wont work with your Android. It was misadvertised that it would . Gamesir and Tello tech both told me it is a no go.l also tried and tried and tried. Gamesir is supposed to have something called the 1D that will work. Yet to be released though.

Yep Ryze was a bit misleading with this FAQ answer concerning remotes:
Tello is currently compatible with the customized Gamesir or Gamevice remote controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv