Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Internal power feed 3.6v for external camera

2old4toys

Reaction score
Hi,
New here. I have a tiny Hawkeye firefly camera with micros SD card that I have dismantled and want to power from the Tello insides via a feed from the motherboard. Can someone share a pic where I can solder appropriate +- wires?
I don’t want the OTG usb connector because I prefer to shed as much weight as possible.

Edit* for me the stock Tello flight time per charge is pretty good so I’m fine to sacrifice some of that with on-board powering an extra external camera if the resulting
flight remains balanced/stable and does not overheat the motors.

The endgame is to have a thin power-out lead coming from the Tello board with a tiny connector that can be interchangeably used with an optional external camera or LED lights, or even a combo of both.

Thanks

Last edited:
Great idea-I too would love to have this information, if somebody's kind enough to provide it. I, for one, am fed up with the video lag and would like to use the 5.8 ghz googles I already have (and, IMHO, beat the hell out of using my iPhone 6+).

It looks fairly easy to access the LIPo terminals with the top cover off - but my data indicates that the Firefly 2 needs a 5V input ?
Bookworm

Whilst waiting for the on-board solder points, I am using hot glue to piggyback the Hawkeye Firefly battery. Total flying weight of the Tello with the extra camera is 97g. The wire is short so unavoidably this setup is a bit back heavy. The fisheye camera lens points downwards with an unobstructed view. Positioned behind the Tello main battery the lens is protected by the propp guards in case of rearward collisions.
The extra camera is hot glued to the very back of Tello’s top shell. I need to take the top shell off if I need to hot swap the Tello main battery. Also means I can take the extra camera off entirely whenever I want just by removing the top shell. Will pop on a spare top shell for that occasion.

Reactions: xcrost
Cool video, snappy music!

Flying from the top of a building like that, your cojones are bigger than mine ;)

Now you've got me wanting a firefly too :)

Thanks for the vid, and the idea

Reactions: 2old4toys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv