Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Introducing... TelloTerm

Hi SMerrony, thank you for sharing your implementation; that's a good base point to practice with coding and adding more features to Tello.
Right now the limit i'm facing is the unavailability of "AP" command that is available only on SDK2.0 (Tello EDU) in order to implement also swarm fly using TelloTerm.

Last edited:
Hope that may help guys that wanna have a try with pre-build binary on windows; i've prepared a zipfile containing the executable and some batch files that will make easier the "setup" for a test drive of TelloTerm (there is a zipfile with build of "original" TelloTerm and a custom version translated into Italian language with minor modifications)

Here is possible to download the version build from "original" code (unmodified, mplayer is not included and its executable must be downloaded and put in the same forder or path to have TelloTerm call it when required to show the video streaming)
telloterm_SMerrony.zip
Connect to the Tello WiFi and start running "telloterm.bat"; see also "telloterm.txt" and "telloterm_help.bat"

Or, for Italian guys, download "telloterm_GSS.zip" (version translated into Italian, with mplayer embedded into zipfile)
telloterm_GSS.zip
Connect to the Tello WiFi and start running "telloterm_GSS.bat"; see also "telloterm_GSS.txt" and "telloterm_GSS_help.bat"

For future readers, there if a fork of a fork of this program that introduces 8BitDo and Steam Controller support, and fixes to video streaming and recording. And the author help me troubleshoot issues with my SC. You need kernel >=4.18 and launch it with controller ID, which in my case is:
Bash:
./telloterm -jsid 0 -jstype SteamController
You can find it here: Anty0/telloterm. It would be really cool if those changes found their way into the original version.
Also editing the code is not that hard, I could easily replace mplayer with mpv as the video output.

Reactions: zantarob
... fixes to video streaming and recording.

Hi JacekJagosz,
I could never get telloterm (or my own code using SMerrony's api) to capture photographs. It always responded with (timeStamp) Take Picture echoed with response: <[0]>
Have you tried it with your fork?

Cheers, Rob.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode