Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

IOS app update mentions new Tello Talent drone

Mikusan

Reaction score
So I was searching for it. But I can’t seem to find anything about a new drone called Tello Talent. Anybody here got news about it?

The countdown ended, but it does not show a new Tello product.
At first it redirected to Matrice 300 RTK – Built Tough. Works Smart. – DJI (video: https://i.m4gnus.de/12298d.webm)
I was a bit confused, but now it redirects to RoboMaster EP Core-Learning Unleashed-DJI which seems to be a new version of the DJI robot.
Thanks for the info, probably a DNS thingy ;) .

Also, DGI Store App is advertised through the notification email but my phone can't seem to find it, I'm wondering if they are releasing something new on this side also.

I am honestly very interested about this RoboMaster future in education anyway.

Hi everyone. I was just about to enter the Tello community by buying a Tello edu for me an my son. And now I saw the app update mentioning the new Tello talent.
any news on this? What would you expect? Probably not the best time to buy an “old” Tello edu then, right?

Kind regards
Philip

I’m planning to teach Swift programming, iOS development and drone programming to youngsters in September, and also very interested to know about this. Does anyone have any clues?

Nothing related to a version 1.4.1 for Android so far. Still listing 1.4.0 as current version in Play Store.

I am attaching some info on the new Tello.

Firstly, looking at the drone we can see an 8 × 8 LED panel mounted on top via what appears to be a black connector. This alone is something we haven't seen previously as current Tello models don't allow you to attach extra accessories to the top of the drone, and the LED light panel cannot be purchased at this time.

we can say that the drone runs open source hardware and software with the light included. The drone and LED light can be controlled by Arduino, Python and Scratch coding languages. The magazine also claims that it allows students and teachers to control multiple drones simultaneously by creating a show with the LED lights.

The new drone appears to use 5.8GHz instead of the 2.4GHz in previous Tello drones and features what appears to be the same rangefinder, barometer, front LED and vision system. The camera may have received an update, but we're not sure.

The board we see connected to the LED light appears to be made up of a 2 × 7 pin connector that supports SPI, UART and GPIO with the ability to pump 5V and 3.3V to the attached accessory. The magazine also lets us know that WiFi transmission has been improved more than twice and means that 16 people can fly at the same time, compared to 8 previously. Stability of multi-drone flights has also been improved from 16 to 36.

It appears Ryze is pushing to improve on its original Tello drone with the introduction of an open source, fully programmable drone plus an expansion port. The inclusion of the new port means that an unlimited amount of accessories can be produced to work with the drone just like DJI's RoboMaster series.

A greeting

Attachments

• Tello-Talent-Chinese-magazine.jpg
    Tello-Talent-Chinese-magazine.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Fari
Saw the iOS changelog too. Can't find anything about the "Tello Talent" either.
Hello sir. The new drone you’re referring to does exist but is currently only sold to educational institutions and the like. At least that’s what I understand. I’ve been looking for the tello number two for years because I was so impressed with the first one. This has been in the works for sometime but is still not available to the public. It has a large board mounted on top of it. Put Tello 2 in your search engine and try to ignore the stuff you know isn’t so. If you have any problems reach back out. I remember that they left the name of the company Ryze out of the title. Guessing someone got bought out but got a pay day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843