Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Is it posible to change Wifi network somehow?

Kvark

Reaction score
I like how its fly, but then I connected to it I cant do a streeming, so I would like to connect it to my wifi network with internet, is it posible?

Hello Kvark

The WiFi network is just between your Tello and your phone. You cannot connect to your home network and the Internet as far as I am aware. Other forum members have started to use a Xiaomi WiFi Extender 2 to boost their WiFi signal with positive results. Based on this I have ordered one too. Search in the forum for more information.

I hope this helps.

You can do this in number of ways actually, involving 3rd party hardware, i.e

Using Tomato or OpenWRT based WiFi router with 2 bridged wifi virtual interfaces (router<>drone and router<>phone), Not using repeater like everyone do (extenders)...

Works like a charm

You can do this in number of ways actually, involving 3rd party hardware, i.e

Using Tomato or OpenWRT based WiFi router with 2 bridged wifi virtual interfaces (router<>drone and router<>phone), Not using repeater like everyone do (extenders)...

Works like a charm

I own a WRT based GLi MT300a Router, but in repeater mode it doesn't do the video transmission. There is a bridge mode as well, I didn't tried yet. Any chance it will do the job?

If you connect to home wifi AND the Tello wifi you might get a dark video screen. Drop the home wifi and just connect to the drone. It should work then.

There is no need to drop whole home wifi, You only need to change gateway IP to Tello IP addr on your phone, but this will disconnect you from the Internet...

Only possible with Tello EDU and Tello Talent.
It allows you to control multiple Tellos in the same network but you will not get a video stream.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv