Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Is this the new range record?

VPS failed a few times, but that was due to lost VPS data packets. The distance readings between the VPS downtime were OK and consistent. After return flight the discrepancy between VPS measuered distance and true distance was maybe 40m.
Also the Wifi strenght readings do no indicate he was following the drone

Looks OK to me.

Reactions: Matteus and Guorium
for maybe 300 Euro we can create a setup that is only limited by Tello's flight time. All it takes is some decent MIMO router and directional antennas. But just one mistake with the antenna direction and another Tello is littering the fields. Personally I'm not interested in this

It's not so extrange. It happend to me too using a new Tello with new batteries and an old firmware v01.03.33.01 (released 03/05/2018). See this screen capture:

tello 100 percent battery 2 min.jpg

Reactions: Matteus
I would say it is slightly less than 1.42km since it looks like the drone did not quite reach the tag. If that map ruler is accurate which I assume, the vps distance gauge is incorrect for reporting ~1000m.

But otherwise very amazing showcase of what tello can do with a wifi repeater in a clean RF environment. It was impressed seeing 3.8Mbps at about 500m still. Radio interference really is bad for tello. My video feed quality goes noticeably worse when the football field I fly on is full of people and their phones in the pocket. Once the sun starts to go down and have a empty field the feed can stay smooth for way longer (til I fly to the edges where the houses got their wifi blasting).

in this area that I work does not even have a Wi-Fi and this Morro is about 30m high I went up the tello but 30m high when I finish the Morro I was with the tello at 60m high well at the end if I notice him from vps inactive due to lack of ground for tello

I would say it is slightly less than 1.42km since it looks like the drone did not quite reach the tag. If that map ruler is accurate which I assume, the vps distance gauge is incorrect for reporting ~1000m.
Normal. How could VPS determine correct distance when the elevation above ground changes due to slopes.
VPScan only be somewhat accurate in flat areas. Slopes, hills, trees, etc all reduce accuracy.

Normal. How could VPS determine correct distance when the elevation above ground changes due to slopes.
VPScan only be somewhat accurate in flat areas. Slopes, hills, trees, etc all reduce accuracy.
Not accusing the app of anything. I know VPS is not to be taken seriously with dramatic terrain. Needed to put it out here so people understand the gauge is not totally reliable and distance record is best measured with G map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv