Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Issue sending command via Strings (the official way) & Hexadecimals

newbiePilot

Reaction score
Hi fellow developers,

I was trying to get mvo data using PingguSoft's library, which communicates with tello using hexadecimals. Meanwhile, I was controlling tello using the official tello python library, which sends command using strings (eg "forward xxx", "takeoff"...).

They work fine separately, but not simultaneously. And I've pinpointed the issue in the udp response socket. I'm wondering why is that?
- One of my hypothesis is that if I sent a string command to tello, it would respond in string (eg. "ok")
- But if I sent command with hexadecimals, it would respond in hexadecimals/bytes

Anyone knows if my hypothesis is correct or wrong?

Thanks!

Hi fellow developers,

I was trying to get mvo data using PingguSoft's library, which communicates with tello using hexadecimals. Meanwhile, I was controlling tello using the official tello python library, which sends command using strings (eg "forward xxx", "takeoff"...).

They work fine separately, but not simultaneously. And I've pinpointed the issue in the udp response socket. I'm wondering why is that?
- One of my hypothesis is that if I sent a string command to tello, it would respond in string (eg. "ok")
- But if I sent command with hexadecimals, it would respond in hexadecimals/bytes

Anyone knows if my hypothesis is correct or wrong?

Thanks!
Correct, it is somehow tricky to get data extracted using the low level protocol.

I start to work on a simplified aproach to implement the low level protocol.
If you or semeone else want to join the development I'll create a repository on github.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv