Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Keep the other batteries of reserve ...

Flydrone

Reaction score
Hi, I was thinking of buying three more Tello batteries to keep as a spare for a tomorrow that my three current batteries will no longer be good. By keeping the new batteries in stock at 3.80 V / cell at room temperature for a long and long period, checking them periodically, but without using them on the drone, can they lose anything in performance? This for a tomorrow that I'm going to use them on the tello ..

I believe No, but I address the question to those who are experts on LiPo batteries.;)

Reactions: cloudy
Hi, I was thinking of buying three more Tello batteries to keep as a spare for a tomorrow that my three current batteries will no longer be good. By keeping the new batteries in stock at 3.80 V / cell at room temperature for a long and long period, checking them periodically, but without using them on the drone, can they lose anything in performance? This for a tomorrow that I'm going to use them on the tello ..

I believe No, but I address the question to those who are experts on LiPo batteries.;)

The short answer is yes. LiPo batteries are somewhat finicky, in terms of storage and charging. LiPo’s like to be stored in a cool area, around 80% charged. Never let them fully discharge. If a battery ‘puffs up’ (due to overheating mainly), it best to dispose of it, and not use again, at least in a drone.

Faulty LiPos can ignite, but they normally run fine, then stop all power without notice. Ok when in a mobile phone, in a drone dangerous.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply! I know LiPo quite well, but I asked why I don't know the quality of Tello's batteries ...
I usually check and put Tello LiPo in storage with a coputerized charger to do all this better.;)

Attachments

• 20181113_153515.jpg
    20181113_153515.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20181113_154754.jpg
    20181113_154754.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
it is a purchased item and seems quite accurate.

AOKoda AOK-041 1S Lithium Battery Tester

Specifications:

Support battery section: 1Cell

Voltage detector power: 0.05 W

Support battery type: LiFe 3.3V/LiPo 3.7V / Li-Hv 3.8V

Battery voltage input range: 2.50~4.35V @1Cell LiFe, LiPo, Li-Hv

Detection accuracy of voltage: 3.65V±0.01V, 4.20V±0.01V, 4.35V±0.01V

Voltage display: 0.36 inches red digital tube display, static display, unit V

Battery interface: JST(2.54mm), MOLEX(2.0mm), mCPX(2.0mm), MCX(1.25mm)

Product dimension: 43x23x15mm

Product weight: 10g

Features:

Support four standard micro UAV battery interface, plug and play

Supporting ports JST(2.54mm), MOLEX(2.0mm), mCPX(2.0mm), MCX(1.25mm)

Support lithium battery LiFe(3.3/3.65V),LiPo (3.7/4.20V),Li-Hv(3.8/4.35V)

Four battery interfaces support battery polarity reverse connection protection,

Four battery interfaces are supported LiFe,LiPo,LiHv

0.36 inches red digital tube display, display battery voltage, battery voltage detection accuracy is accurate to 10mV

I want to store some batteries as spare too and came to this thread.
I might be wrong but the Tello has Lithion Ion accus not Lithium Polymer.
There is no need for a computerezid charger or balancer (like needed for LiPo).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid