Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

LEDs for night flight

No lights really. There’s the small led light facing front next the camera and that is only used to blink various color combinations to inform you about the status of your drone.

Is there any micro navigation light kit available for micro drones?
I believe a small kit with
- 2x red leds
- 2x green leds
- small wires for connecting it the battery

Would be good to have this ready or how to make it.

- 2x red leds
- 2x green leds

Would be good to have this ready or how to make it.[/QUOT

Firehouse Technology makes a very small, light and extremely bright light which you can get on Amazon for $36.99 which you can attach with Velcro adhesive strips. I don’t plan to fly at night, but I’m ordering one for my Spark so I don’t loose sight of it during the day.

Reactions: JOAO BRINGEL NETO
- 2x red leds
- 2x green leds

Would be good to have this ready or how to make it.
There is a good solution but it is for navigation lights not as a light source to illuminate anything. It is from Flytron and imo all you really need are three - red & green facing forward and white for rear. I have a single flashing white on my Mavic Pro to help make it more visible at a distance and it is remarkably bright. It also mimics the flashing characteristics of full sized aircraft. They are not wired together as you request but standalone.
www.flytron.com
This one:
STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyME
There is a good solution but it is for navigation lights not as a light source to illuminate anything. It is from Flytron and imo all you really need are three - red & green facing forward and white for rear. I have a single flashing white on my Mavic Pro to help make it more visible at a distance and it is remarkably bright. It also mimics the flashing characteristics of full sized aircraft. They are not wired together as you request but standalone.
www.flytron.com
This one:
STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

Just ordered one (white) from Amazon ($29) for my Spark!

See if you can get hold of a small piece of 3M Dual Lock. It is fantastic stuff and perfect for attaching the light to your Spark. It is like Velcro only much, much better. It uses little mushroom shaped nodules that interlock and being 3M has a powerful adhesive backing (leave for 24 hours). You can then just peel off your strobe and re-attach it at will.

This is a link showing a full roll but you only need a small square. I think you can get it in small quantities.

3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3560 Clear

Edit: Forgot to say that you will love your strobe. It is amazingly bright but the main thing is the light pattern. It is just like aircraft that fly over at night with a series of near instantaneous flashes then an off period - looks great :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian.
See if you can get hold of a small piece of 3M Dual Lock. It is fantastic stuff and perfect for attaching the light to your Spark. It is like Velcro only much, much better. It uses little mushroom shaped nodules that interlock and being 3M has a powerful adhesive backing (leave for 24 hours). You can then just peel off your strobe and re-attach it at will.

This is a link showing a full roll but you only need a small square. I think you can get it in small quantities.

3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3560 Clear

Edit: Forgot to say that you will love your strobe. It is amazingly bright but the main thing is the light pattern. It is just like aircraft that fly over at night with a series of near instantaneous flashes then an off period - looks great :)
Thanks for the great tips!

I have a single flashing white on my Mavic Pro
Ok, apparently this works for Spark and bigger - but has anybody ever mounted Strobon LED(s) to a Tello?
(After all, this is the TELLOpilots forum ;))

And how about visibility angles? Just thinking about a single LED mounted to the bottom of the Tello - how good would that be visible horizontally?

Here in Costa Rica, we do have a traditional party which involves "faroles" those faroles includes a kind of light, this year I got some oftheese lights which fits perfectly on the Tello's arms, I will share a picture later

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv