Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Leveraging Tello's little size

joeke3el

Reaction score
Here I try to take advantage of this drone's little size by working it through tight spaces and enjoying how unnoticed it is by those nearby. This is a great backpack drone that can be taken out to capture sites at any given moment.

Great job! Is it possible to know your setup? Smartphone model, app utilized, use of wifi Extender, controller...etc.?

Great job! Is it possible to know your setup? Smartphone model, app utilized, use of wifi Extender, controller...etc.?

Hi Pippodrone,

Thank you. My setup is with the iPhone SE, the app by Ryze Tech and the Xiaomi WiFi Repeater 2. (repeater used at the abandoned play park but not at the falls)

I practice in the back yard and work on moving the drone as slowly as I can. Bigger drones can move faster because they film large objects but filming rocks or trees will zip by in a blur if you go too fast. If you go slow enough, you can make a tree seem like a tall building or a rock seem like a mountain. :) I also sit in the area and plan a move in my head before attempting it, taking my time and also waiting for there to be nearly no wind at all at the moment of the shot. I also use Cyberlink PowerDirector as my video editor to string the footage together and add music.

Thanks again for watching,

Joe

Reactions: akward59
Very nice. Great editing. Mine is stuck in the large pine in our yard. :confused:Awaiting my new one which should be delivered by the weeks end.

Very nice. Great editing. Mine is stuck in the large pine in our yard. :confused:Awaiting my new one which should be delivered by the weeks end.

John, thanks for watching. Sorry to hear about the pine tree. I suppose it's pretty high up if there's no retrieving it. I hope the new one shows up soon.

Joe

My new one has arrived but also was able to retrieve the treed Tello. I ordered a tennis ball launcher and used it to shoot it down after about 60 attempts. It was about 35 feet up the pine tree. Came down with two props and a prop guard broke but otherwise was in good shape. I was surprised being it rained a lot the past couple days and after hitting it with tennis balls that there wasn't more damage. Now I have two Tello's and a tool to help in retrieving any future tree crashes.Inked2019-05-05 17-38-51_LI.jpgInked0604191752_LI.jpg

Chewy.com has it for around $23 US. I found it on ebay cheaper but they call it a slingshot and said they couldn't ship it to New York state because slingshots with an arm band are illegal in NY. I looked it up and sure enough its another stupid law we have in this state. Chewy calls it a ball launcher so maybe that's how they get around it? If you have a dog who likes to chase balls it works great for them too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv