Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Losing wifi

Brett105

Reaction score
Why has my Tello decided to drop the WIFI connection after only a couple mins if that of being connected?

Might be a few reasons:
- overheating. I point fan at Tello when it's on the ground and still temperature reaches 85-90 degrees
- interference from neighbor networks. Only restart helps me here
- mobile data on your phone. A few people in this forum complained they can't connect when mobile data is enabled on the phone. I have experienced this problem too. Disabling mobile data on the phone helps in this case

Does any of the above help?

Might be a few reasons:
- overheating. I point fan at Tello when it's on the ground and still temperature reaches 85-90 degrees
- interference from neighbor networks. Only restart helps me here
- mobile data on your phone. A few people in this forum complained they can't connect when mobile data is enabled on the phone. I have experienced this problem too. Disabling mobile data on the phone helps in this case

Does any of the above help?
Ok… this mobile data thing I haven’t tried yet.. I’m standing here right now testing it again. It is dropping out of wifi connection but it still says is connected in my wifi. It will let me land but it stops about 12 inches off the ground and that’s all she wrote, from there I have to grab it from underneath, but just learned that if I disconnect wifi in settings and reconnect that it’s all good for about 1 minute. Will try turning mobile data off now.

Ok… this mobile data thing I haven’t tried yet.. I’m standing here right now testing it again. It is dropping out of wifi connection but it still says is connected in my wifi. It will let me land but it stops about 12 inches off the ground and that’s all she wrote, from there I have to grab it from underneath, but just learned that if I disconnect wifi in settings and reconnect that it’s all good for about 1 minute. Will try turning mobile data off now.
Yes… yes …. Bloody yes. Unbelievable. Many thanks to you my good friend. Legend buddy, even the range extender connected and didn’t drop out. Again many thanks 10/10 fantastic your Number 1 🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan