Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Video Editing Advice?

pisiri

Reaction score
Hello.
Last summer my friends and I decided to film a remake of Attack of the Clones. We had no filming experience, but we decided to give it a shot. The finished product turned out pretty well, with a running time of just under one hour. As far as special effects go, the only visual effects were done with fishing line. lol I did add music and sound effects for the lightsabers, blasters, etc. Anyway, I filmed the movie with a simple digital camcorder and overall we speant about a $1000 to make this into a VCD.

The video editing software I used was Ulead Video Studio 6. I had no experience with this software, but I picked it up pretty quickly. I was wondering what editing software some of you guys suggest using. There were a couple times that I wanted to add a slow motion effect, but I don't think it could be done with that program.

I want to film a version of Episode III that I am currently in the process of writing, and, naturally, I want it to be better than my first attempt.

I think there are already several threads regarding this topic in this forum.

If you want to go with a free tool, these are my personal recommendations:
  • DaVinci Resolve: (Proprietary) Professional tool but with steep learning curve
  • Kdenlive: Open Source Video Editor (Easy to use, available for all major platforms including Linux)
But there are many more which may be good but which I have not tested by myself.

Curious to see your final result!

I recommend the free version of DaVinci Resolve. All you need to learn is the Cut page to start, then branch out to learn more later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atapattu