Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Mad Catz ctrli controller (IOS) working perfectly

annevanzwol

Reaction score
Happy to confirm that the mad catz controller works perfectly with iPhone 8+ and the Tello

Also nice that you can use the buttons to take off, take pictures, do flips etc.

Reactions: Joe
Thanks for that confirmation.

I just ordered one from ebay. I got the micro version because my wife has small hands. Waiting for it to arrive in a few days and I hope the micro version works as well with Tello.

Can you please show me a picture of the controller that you are using. Sorry I'm not a gamer so I'm a little lost on the controller your using.

Can you please show me a picture of the controller that you are using. Sorry I'm not a gamer so I'm a little lost on the controller your using.
Here is a photo showing both the regular and Micro versions.

Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i Controller for iOS. Comes in various colors.

MadCatz.jpeg

Reactions: LPgeoteacher
Happy to confirm that the mad catz controller works perfectly with iPhone 8+ and the Tello

Also nice that you can use the buttons to take off, take pictures, do flips etc.
Hi,

Did you happen to get video lag when using the Bluetooth controller? The reason I ask is because I heard people having all kinds of issues with the video feed skipping frames.

Apparently the person did a test with two Controllers the PXN (6603) Speedy and the Gamevice. The tests showed that the video feed when using the PXN Speedy was very choppy whereas the video feed when using the Gamevice controller is very smooth.
If I was a betting man, I would bet that the reason for the choppy video feed when using the PXN Speedy Controller is because it’s connected via Bluetooth and the Gamevice is not because it’s connect to the app through the lightning connection.

Hi,

Did you happen to get video lag when using the Bluetooth controller? The reason I ask is because I heard people having all kinds of issues with the video feed skipping frames.

Apparently the person did a test with two Controllers the PXN (6603) Speedy and the Gamevice. The tests showed that the video feed when using the PXN Speedy was very choppy whereas the video feed when using the Gamevice controller is very smooth.
If I was a betting man, I would bet that the reason for the choppy video feed when using the PXN Speedy Controller is because it’s connected via Bluetooth and the Gamevice is not because it’s connect to the app through the lightning connection.

Will need to test. I lower my bit rate to get smooth video. Unfortunately I crashed my first Tello and one of the motors is damaged. Second Tello underway

Does the RC connect to your device by Blue Tooth? No lagging/dropped frames in the videos?

Reactions: Avellas
Video becomes stuttery when the mad catz controller (Bluetooth) is connected

So for video I will have to fly with the virtual joysticks

Video becomes stuttery when the mad catz controller (Bluetooth) is connected

So for video I will have to fly with the virtual joysticks

You've already confirmed that lowering the bit rate does not help?

BTW, the GameVice RCs connect to one's device via lightning cable rather than BT, and they can be charged while flying; however, the one for the iPad Mini 4 costs $100 and is too big/bulky to be portable. This is the reason I am trying hard to become proficient with the virtual joy sticks on my phone, which is always with me.

My tello apps can not find mad cats in the bluetooth controller . It empty in side.

Attachments

• CA4FAFD1-559E-4B1A-A2B3-0414957EB085.png
    CA4FAFD1-559E-4B1A-A2B3-0414957EB085.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv