Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Mavic 2 Pro controller compatible with Tello?

whendri

Reaction score
I was hoping to use the Mavic 2 pro controller and an iPad mini 5 to fly my Tello. Has anyone here had any luck with this configuration?

I want to start on the tello and work my way up to the mavic 2 pro. crashing a $100 drone is a much easier pill to swallow than a $1,500 one. but I would like to use the mavic controller so that I feel comfortable on the controls before I take the mavic out.

many people have both and fly both. Did you srsly ask that question? To answer op, probably not. Tello oem app only takes a bunch of gamepads, no proper controllers. You may try though.

Reactions: whendri
many people have both and fly both. Did you srsly ask that question? To answer op, probably not. Tello oem app only takes a bunch of gamepads, no proper controllers. You may try though.

thanks Guorium. will give it a try at least.

thanks Guorium. will give it a try at least.
It is just a controller. Nothing too difficult. When u actually have a mavic pro you should do test flights on an open field for getting used to the controller anyway.

I don't think you can, but the reason for your experiment is to oly get better control of your Mavic 2 then I would say your experiment may not be successful. Cause I have a tello and a phantom myself also my friend has a mavic. I have tried all three and all three are totally different to handle cause of their built, wind stability and configurations. If you want to get better at flying mavic, spend more flight time with mavic.

I have Tallo and M2P both. First I started flying on Tello to get a hang of controls and for that I used Gamesir T1D controller and it works like a charm. Transition to M2P was very easy, and controls are identical. It is much more important to get a hang of drone controls, the way quads are responding to controls and to be able to orient yourself in direction that drone is facing all the time than small diferences in controller looks and/or feels.

When you transition from Tello to M2P you will see what kind of beast you have under your controll :D

Maybe a bit nitpicking but: You actually don't "fly" or "control" a M2P. You tell the M2P's onboard flight controller where you would like it to go, and it travels there all by itself. If you push pitch forward the drone will go forward, even with cross winds. All flight control and compensation for environmental changes like wind drift is performed by the onboard controller.

If you want to fly and control a drone you need to get into racing drones without GPS, attitude control, altitude control, position hold, etc. Even a $10 toy drone gives you more control than any GPS controlled drone.

That is the reason why Tello is a good trainer for larger drones. It is just the same. Pitch forward moves straight forward, even with some limited wind. Other toy drones always have wind drift. Tello's hover stability is unmatched by other toy drones, and even the "delay in breaking" is similar to larger drones..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv