Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Mi extender 2 android issue

ale.one

Reaction score
Hi all. I configured the mi extender 2 with my android device (mate 10 pro) but I have not completed the setup with a problem at the last step... But the led blu appear with the creation of tello_plus network. So all works and Tello fpv and original app does connect fine. I tried to fly in an urban place with all houses around and I had wifi interference at 31 meters.... Is it normal? Is it caused to the configuration? The led is blue and tello_plus network is generated... I have not tried to use it into an open space place... Can I have some answers and helps? Thanks

Attachments

• FB_IMG_15950196112583822.jpg
    FB_IMG_15950196112583822.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 12
Hi all. I configured the mi extender 2 with my android device (mate 10 pro) but I have not completed the setup with a problem at the last step... But the led blu appear with the creation of tello_plus network. So all works and Tello fpv and original app does connect fine. I tried to fly in an urban place with all houses around and I had wifi interference at 31 meters.... Is it normal? Is it caused to the configuration? The led is blue and tello_plus network is generated... I have not tried to use it into an open space place... Can I have some answers and helps? Thanks

I was having the same issue for awhile. I discovered that the interference was caused by the homes and/or structures in the area. Also keep in mind that other wifi systems can and do cause i interference with the repeater. Try it out in an open area. It was like day vs. night when I did it. Hope that helps, and give us an update when you can.

I was having the same issue for awhile. I discovered that the interference was caused by the homes and/or structures in the area. Also keep in mind that other wifi systems can and do cause i interference with the repeater. Try it out in an open area. It was like day vs. night when I did it. Hope that helps, and give us an update when you can.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Today I tested in the same place with extender with Leds side oriented to the drone (i always tried to the other side) and I reached 83 meter with 70 dB of signal and sometimes 'wifi interference' appear... So I think that the first important problem was the orientation of the extended. I placed it also 4/5 meters near to me and I used also a home made reflector... I could push forward but for the first time is OK.

So for the configuration procedure that does finish with an error I think that it is OK ... Right? The led is blue

So for the configuration procedure that does finish with an error I think that it is OK ... Right? The led is blue
As long as the blue light is on, you should have a successful configuration. When you connect to the "tello_plus" can you see the drone cam? If so, your solid.

As long as the blue light is on, you should have a successful configuration. When you connect to the "tello_plus" can you see the drone cam? If so, your solid.

Absolutely yes, today reached 80 meters with lot of houses around and still 70 dB signal... But sometimes wifi interference words appear and the video lag a bit. I defenitely have a try in an open space, I'm pretty sure that I'll not encounter wifi interefence at 80 meters..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv