Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Microprocessor connection

ProjectAuton

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

Currently I'm trying to connect a microprocessor directly to the DJI Tello battery.
Before I wanted to do this I tried checking the battery voltage.
Now when I measured pin 1 and 3 of the battery, it sparked and started smoking.
Is this because my multimeter is faulty or am I doing something wrong?

Would I be able to directly connect the microprocessor, it was a dedicated Li-ion input?

Thanks in advance!

• Wow
Reactions: arrow_206
I don't understand what your goal is here but make sure your meter is set and your test leads are configured for volts, not amps, and it shouldn't spark and smoke. I shouldn't have to tell you to be careful your test probes don't touch each other, either. And l-ion batteries can be unstable if you're not careful.

I don't understand what your goal is here but make sure your meter is set and your test leads are configured for volts, not amps, and it shouldn't spark and smoke. I shouldn't have to tell you to be careful your test probes don't touch each other, either. And l-ion batteries can be unstable if you're not careful.

Thanks a lot, it works now! I just successfully connected my microprocessor directly to the drone battery.

Another option is connecting whatever equipment you like to the USB socket.
Use an OTG cable, cut off the plug and solder the red and black wires to your equipment.
The voltage on the UCB socket is applied after self-test of the Tello, so it is only available when Tello is powered up.
You get a perfectly stabilized 5V supply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843