Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Might fly

Floyd75

Reaction score
It’s still cold and my UAV app says not to fly, but I might throw caution to the wind (

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even here in Italy where I live cold and the wind is blowing ... the desire to fly is there, but I have always been waiting for the ideal climate for the little Tello.
An advice .. do not risk losing the cello with too much wind!:(

Reactions: sadatoni
I flew today just to see how much wind it could take needless to say I almost lost it twice. But at $100 I’ll just go buy a new one no big deal.

I wish I could say $100 is no big deal

Propeller performance is increased i belive but just didnsome reading and saw below 0c the battery performance drops dramatically . therby decreasing power

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

I flew yesterday and it was 14F(-10C) and didn't have any issues. I kept my spare batteries in my pants pocket to keep them warm.

mikeg

Cold air doesn’t improve anything.

Sorry but... Yes it does.

Cold air is more dense than warm air and, as any manned aircraft pilot will tell you, any airfoil (propellers and wings) perform better in cold air. Airplanes can takeoff and land in a shorter distance in colder air.

Propellers get a better 'bite' and, as @entellus said, will perform better.

Last edited:
Sorry but... Yes it does.

Cold air is more dense than warm air and, as any manned aircraft pilot will tell you, any airfoil (propellers and wings) perform better in cold air. Airplanes can takeoff and land in a shorter distance in colder air.

Propellers get a better 'bite' and, as @entellus said, will perform better.
Yeah. Thats what i learned in part 107. Ferro has a point on battery life though. There probably is a curve of performance in decreased airresisistance from cold vs battery life. Glad someone else backed me up on this

And that’s not to mention your props become brittle in cold weather along with everything else. And there’s even more to take in the consideration when flying in cold weather.

I’m still undecided. Is it worth it? Plus, I have to stand in the cold and risk getting my fingers frozen to the phone!

See how long you’re battery last in cold weather.

You said nothing about batteries. My post was in response to:

Cold air doesn’t improve anything.

Also, see quote below:

I flew yesterday and it was 14F(-10C) and didn't have any issues. I kept my spare batteries in my pants pocket to keep them warm.

In flight, the battery generates heat.

There probably is a curve of performance in decreased airresisistance from cold vs battery life.

So is this about battery life or battery output?

And that’s not to mention your props become brittle in cold weather along with everything else.

Which has nothing to do with their ability to move air (I thought the discussion was about airfoil performance)

It’s worth it providing you take the right steps. You can get some nice videos and pics in the winter.

You said nothing about batteries. My post was in response to:

Also, see quote below:

In flight, the battery generates heat.

So is this about battery life or battery output?

Which has nothing to do with their ability to move air (I thought the discussion was about airfoil performance)
I guess output. Not life. But people mentioned life in the thread as well. You make good points.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv