Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Android App: TelloMe (FollowMe for Tello)

a bit more distance helps.
Tello can't stop quickly enough as you slow down, and once it's too close it can no longer identify you as a "person", and so it loses track.

Reactions: TelloPilot01201956
I need to ask this. Does the phone have to be in landscape orientation for the tellome to work properly?

I noticed that when i was on my bike & the phone was in portrait orientation, the tello lost tracked & moved in a different direction.

Last edited:
Phone orientation doesn't matter.

Its more a question of identifying a person. Aritifical intelligence isn't that intelligent.
It uses recognition models that are trained using persons in different positions. People on a bike, just like people on a horse or with a huge backpack, may be harder to track than a normal walking person.

Its more a question of identifying a person. Aritifical intelligence isn't that intelligent.
It uses recognition models that are trained using persons in different positions. People on a bike, just like people on a horse or with a huge backpack, may be harder to track than a normal walking person.
Ugh. That's a problem. But I've seen youtube videos of tello tracking people on a bike. May be i just have to test more.

Ive been tryong to make tello track me on my bike. With little success. It loses me after a few seconds. I've tried far distance & short distance tracking while biking slowly. Any ideas what I can do to improve tracking?

wear something that is easily recognizable. No dark clothes when riding on dark pavement.
Nothing that obscures your shape to no look human-like. No backpacks, no helmet...

It depends. If the overall shape looks like a human it can track you. As you can see in the video above thats not a problem with a person standing and walking. But once you obscure the shape by riding a bike it gets harder.

If the test says 0 fps then it's a codec issue. Most phones correctly selecta codec, others fail.
In that case connect to tello and try again.if it fails:Manually select a different codec in the settings, and try again. Find one codec that works.

If the phone says failed with low fps figures, then the phone is too slow.

If the test says 0 fps then it's a codec issue. Most phones correctly selecta codec, others fail.
In that case connect to tello and try again.if it fails:Manually select a different codec in the settings, and try again. Find one codec that works.

If the phone says failed with low fps figures, then the phone is too slow.
thanks for help i will try :D

its not working i have samsung a6+. help

If the phone says failed with low fps figures, then the phone is not working

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv