Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

It is a bitrate meter showing true delivered Mbps. So any packet that was lost due to low wifi link quality or interference does not count towards Mbps.

If you have selected 2Mbps you should see values around 2 Mbps. A bit fluctuation is normal, as the data collection interval is not always exactly 1 second and it counts a few bytes towards Mbps which are actually overhead.
But if you see 1Mbps that means you really lost half the video data. Now keep in mind you will also lose half the telemetry data from the drone and most likely also half of the control data towards the drone. Behavior will be sluggish, and while position precision is not affected by this all autopilots are affected because they don't get a reliable telemtry feed to do their work.

Ok, I understand. I'll use Bitrate Meter carefully, only as a rought indicator of radio link quality. Thanks for your quick answer.

What about new release scheduled date ? ;)

Raul.

Last edited:
sometime around the weekend.

Bitrate meter is in fact a very good indicator for the wifi link quality from the drone to the phone.

Reactions: raulvolador
@volate!lo , a short question for you:

I would like to know how TelloFPV manage 'Attitude Angle Range' setting.

I think this setting restrict maximum aircraft inclination when maneuvering in fast mode.

Does TelloFPV obey Ryze App setting ?

attitude angle range.jpg

Or, in opposite, has TelloFPV a pre-saved value for this parameter ?

Thanks a lot .

Raul.

TelloFpv has this attitude angle in the main settings page. It does not care about Ryze settings, it will read its own setting and send that to the drone.
So whatever you set in the Ryze app is overwritten if you use TelloFpv.

TelloFpv has this attitude angle in the main settings page. It does not care about Ryze settings, it will read its own setting and send that to the drone.
So whatever you set in the Ryze app is overwritten if you use TelloFpv.

Ok. I understood.

I didn`t realize 'Max Attitude' setting already exists into TelloFPV. I feel a bit stupid :confused:

tellofpv max attitude.jpg

Thanks a lot !

Raul.

Hi
I am planning to buy a USB gamepad. It gets detected in octopus app.
Can i use it in tellofpv?

@volate!lo hi, I was wondering if your backlog aka wishlist contains something around setting-profiles? I find myself wanting to switch between different settings on the go. When I want to go for long distance but not necessarily high video it takes me some time to adjust the settings. It would be easier if we could create profiles to quickly change a bunch of settings at once.
The same applies for button mapping. I can imagine that sometimes you would want your buttons to be mapped in a different way (focus on photo/video options or on flight options for example).

Reactions: Nate5711
@volate!lo hi, I was wondering if your backlog aka wishlist contains something around setting-profiles? I find myself wanting to switch between different settings on the go. When I want to go for long distance but not necessarily high video it takes me some time to adjust the settings. It would be easier if we could create profiles to quickly change a bunch of settings at once.
The same applies for button mapping. I can imagine that sometimes you would want your buttons to be mapped in a different way (focus on photo/video options or on flight options for example).
Personally I like that idea. And actually it would not be too hard to implement.

But... I don't think it makes sense in the great scheme of things. Configuration is already pretty complicated. Adding the concept of profiles would increase complexity for all to benefit only a few. Very few users have two or three clearly distinctive use cases, and even less would want to have different configurations for each.

I guess that a few more forum users will jump in and support this idea but lets face it: Most people here are "power users" with very different needs than the average Joe.

As for different button mapping: IMO this does not make sense as it would be totally confusing for most people, and cumbersome to maintain even for those who understand the feature and use it.

How auto bit rate is working in tellofpv?

It will decrease with decrease in signal quality and increase with increase in signal quality?

But... I don't think it makes sense in the great scheme of things. Configuration is already pretty complicated. Adding the concept of profiles would increase complexity for all to benefit only a few. Very few users have two or three clearly distinctive use cases, and even less would want to have different configurations for each.

Following this wouldn't it be a sensible step to create a 'default' profile in which settings are kind of standard and not customizable (greyed out or invisibile: tune controls, maybe some video/photo settings) to keep the app clean and simple to use for the majority of users but be able to switch to an 'advanced user' profile in which all options are configurable.

As said I'd prefer to be able to quickly select some settings but I get what you say. The above is therefore a new idea and won't service my personal need ;)

How auto bit rate is working in tellofpv?

It will decrease with decrease in signal quality and increase with increase in signal quality?
yes, thats how it works.

Following this wouldn't it be a sensible step to create a 'default' profile in which settings are kind of standard and not customizable (greyed out or invisibile: tune controls, maybe some video/photo settings) to keep the app clean and simple to use for the majority of users but be able to switch to an 'advanced user' profile in which all options are configurable.

As said I'd prefer to be able to quickly select some settings but I get what you say. The above is therefore a new idea and won't service my personal need ;)
I don't think this works either. Because there are just a few things that would clearly qualify for "expert mode" (which btw was already present in the early versions and then discarded). Is adding an altitude stamp to the photos an expert setting? Is Bitrate an expert setting? Different controller configuration for dad & son?

As said, such an Expert setting was already present in v0.7 (or so ?) but removed before going live.

yes, thats how it works.

I don't think this works either. Because there are just a few things that would clearly qualify for "expert mode" (which btw was already present in the early versions and then discarded). Is adding an altitude stamp to the photos an expert setting? Is Bitrate an expert setting? Different controller configuration for dad & son?

As said, such an Expert setting was already present in v0.7 (or so ?) but removed before going live.

I understand, it would be interesting to know how often functions are used and with that decide if ideas like this are valuable or not.

Keep up the good work though! You are doing a fantastic job.

I understand, it would be interesting to know how often functions are used and with that decide if ideas like this are valuable or not.
I thought of that too, and it would just be one line of code per function.
But I read Orwell's 1984 as a kid, and I don't want to play a part in that. I am already freaked out by the level of detail I see in the Play Store console statistics.

Reactions: Mike Wi and PuWo
Thank you

Yeah, their first motto "Do no evil" didn't exactly inspire me to completely trust them... in fact, the opposite!
just wear a tinfoil hat and be happy! And use fake identities often to confuse their algorithms.:LOL:

Last edited:
I am still undecided if my top secret special feature is functioning well enough to be useful or not. Sometimes it does OK, sometimes not so much.

So I decided to have a couple of testers have some fun with it and see what they think.

If you are interested and have some spare time over the next few days let me know by private message. You definitely need to fly outdoors for these tests so a good weather window is mandatory.
And you should be an experienced TelloFpv user with some flight time, so no freshmen please. Well, the usual suspects.

Last edited:
Please find attached the beta version of v1.13 as a pre-release

Just like the normal download from Play Store this APK validates the license against the play store. Without a full version license it will not work.

Changes since 1.12a

New
* Headless mode (press "..." button to activate, only inflight )
* Boomerang autopilot
* EXIF Tags added for phone's GPS position
* Audio recording
* Audible alarm on VPS inactive / not received
* Checks controller stick position neutral before takeoff
* Inc / Dec Bitrate can be assigned to controller button
* Screen recording (see below)

Changes
* Autopilots re-arranged, now press the "..." button to open a menu (There just isn't enough room to have one icon per autopilot)
* Recording stops after autopilot end - if (and only if) it was automatically started for this autopilot
* Up & Away renamed to "Dronie"
* "Start Recording on Takeoff" now automatically switches the camera to video mode
* Correction of horizon only if rotated by more than 5 deg

Fixes
* slide between settings tabs disabled
* touch / control alignment problems on phones with display notches / cutouts (S10, P20, Pixel 3XL, ...)

Known issues
* manual is not updated
* translations haven't been updated for new functions, so expect to see some english messages

Headless mode:
Not my favorite feature but it was asked for many times and maybe its useful for some.
When active there will be a Tello Icon displayed inside the right onscreen stick which indicates the direction Tello is heading. That is if you activate headless, and then turn 90 degrees right, the Tello icon will rotate 90 deg right, too. That way it shows how Tello will move if you use pitch & roll (as long as you have pitch & roll on the right stick :unsure:).

Audio recording:
Option to record the phone's microfon input into the video

EXIF tags
EXIF tags are now preserved even when re-encoding photos, or using the rotate & crop option. Also the phone's GPS position is added to the EXIF so gallery apps can show the location (of the phone, not tello)

Boomerang autopilot:
Does a long distance dronie (up & away) , then an optional 360 turn, followed by an invers dronie back to the starting point. Since you don't want Tello to end up in your face it does only travel back 90% of the distance. So if you tell it to go 30m it will do a 30m dronie, a 360 spin, and then come back 27m to leave some room for inaccuracies of the VPS.

Screen recording:
Many folks use screen recorders but the free versions come with a watermark or very low resolution. So I added my own screen recorder, doing full resolution recording. Since this is really beta and hasn't been tested enough I disabled it by default. If you want to use it, send me a PM and I'll tell you how to enable it.

EDIT: REMOVED THE APK AS ITS SUPERSEEDED BY 1.13c

Last edited:
installed immediately, but unfortunately gives a CTD during start with my S5 & SM-T320 as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prplwtf