Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I thought the weather wouldn't let me test the new features so at first i test them inside and i'm very happy with the results! New functions were mapped to the Gamesir T1 and working fine. I got a few corupted videos, It never happened to me before. I think I Stopped recording before turning tello of but i also got a few crashes where the battery came off so it might be from that.
Headless mode worked fine in a 5 by 5 meter room, i used it for a couple of minutes flying around and rotating and it kept it's orientation. It's easy to get it right when you align yourself with tello when turning the feature ON. It's cool, now it seems like tello can rotate its camera while moving foward ;) but i didn't dare to try it outside in these windy conditions.
Boomerang works like a charm indoors and outdoors in windy conditions! it drifted to the side a little because of the strong winds but it came back to me every time! I'm very happy with this! I was wondering if it was usefull to rotate tello just 180º and make a reverse dronie and the implications of it :unsure:.
EXIF works good to me too! Now pictures taken while GPS is ON show the location but it seems to me that I got more red lightnings with gps ON but i must try again to be sure.
I'll try again tomorrow hoping the wind gives me a break.

Hello.
I got a question to volate!lo. Is it possible to add to Your App function like „live stream” to YouTube account, or Instagram? Function simmilar to this from DJI GO 4 ?? The video could be taken from the screen of the phone but without controls and function button’s ?.
Is it possible, or this is impossible to do?
Ouh yes that could be a cool Feature. But one bad Thing is, that it will be a verry Short Livestream... Up to 13 minutes only...

When I start the app, press the WiFi button, choose tello's WiFi - returning to TelloFPV gives an CTD, repeatedly.

Ouh yes that could be a cool Feature. But one bad Thing is, that it will be a verry Short Livestream... Up to 13 minutes only...
Sometimes only 3-5min flight is enought to show someone what need to by seen...

I noticed these two problems.
the first happened only once, the settings screen blank. (after turning on wifi from the app and back on the main screen) the second problem is that it is not possible to correctly view the last item.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-06-21-59-46.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-06-21-59-46.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2019-04-06-22-04-38.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-06-22-04-38.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 19
Hello.
I got a question to volate!lo. Is it possible to add to Your App function like „live stream” to YouTube account, or Instagram? Function simmilar to this from DJI GO 4 ?? The video could be taken from the screen of the phone but without controls and function button’s ?.
Is it possible, or this is impossible to do?
While connected to a local non-internet wifi (Tello) you cannot reliably stream to the internet via cellular. Also I can't see how this would be a mainstream feature.

"Please set all controller sticks to neutral first" - well this one prevented me a few times to just fire up the machines. I appreciate when people care about my tello - maybe it's just my weird Xbox360 controller.
If you see such a message frequently its time to get a new controller.

I noticed these two problems.
the first happened only once, the settings screen blank. (after turning on wifi from the app and back on the main screen) the second problem is that it is not possible to correctly view the last item.
thanks, will have a look !

Hi,
I have a generic usb gamepad.The gamepad gets detected in usb/bt joystick centre.but it is not getting detected in tellofpv or octopus.

The andriod verison is 8.1.

So how to get the gamepad work?

the gamepad works perfectly on pc.

Is it andriod version issue?

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a generic usb gamepad.The gamepad gets detected in usb/bt joystick centre.but it is not getting detected in tellofpv or octopus.

The andriod verison is 8.1.

So how to get the gamepad work?

the gamepad works perfectly on pc.

Is it andriod version issue?
Its an issue of your gamepad. It is not compatible with Android and therefore not supported by TelloFpv (or any other game / app).

The USB/BT joystick centre is a rooted app to specifically mess with non-standard gamepads that are not supported by Android. Very different thing.

If the gamepad is of generic type it most likely has aan Android compatible mode. If not, get a new gamepad.

im waiting for my phone to charge and will give it a spin. i flew the first time with a repeater today and felt like a kid with a new toy.until my phone battery suddenly ran low!!!! luckilly i managed to get control back by disconnecting the bluetooth controller and bring it back with the phone. flat phone battery = laggy display and control and total lost of fpv.

im waiting for my phone to charge and will give it a spin. i flew the first time with a repeater today and felt like a kid with a new toy.until my phone battery suddenly ran low!!!! luckilly i managed to get control back by disconnecting the bluetooth controller and bring it back with the phone. flat phone battery = laggy display and control and total lost of fpv.
that was most likely some powersaving mode kicking in.

that was most likely some powersaving mode kicking in.
yes . i realised just now i was running the fpv app in gaming mode on the huawei p smart. so it allocated all the resources to the app and neglected all other inputs and network resources.
thanks for the help because i would have missed that

Reactions: volate!lo
ok I went for a few short flights to make sure sure all is ok when everything turned sour again. turns out my trusty old power bank failed so repeater went on of most of the time. im so greatful of the fact that you can click on the wifi icon and it opens your settings because it enabled me to sign into the normal tello wifi network quickly and gaining control again. anyways i changed power banks and problems was solved. using huawei p smart and can report that everything works ok on it.

Please find attached the beta version of v1.13 as a pre-release

Just like the normal download from Play Store this APK validates the license against the play store. Without a full version license it will not work.

Changes since 1.12a

New
* Headless mode (press "..." button to activate, only inflight )
* Boomerang autopilot
* EXIF Tags added for phone's GPS position
* Audio recording
* Audible alarm on VPS inactive / not received
* Checks controller stick position neutral before takeoff
* Inc / Dec Bitrate can be assigned to controller button
* Screen recording (see below)

Changes
* Autopilots re-arranged, now press the "..." button to open a menu (There just isn't enough room to have one icon per autopilot)
* Recording stops after autopilot end - if (and only if) it was automatically started for this autopilot
* Up & Away renamed to "Dronie"
* "Start Recording on Takeoff" now automatically switches the camera to video mode
* Correction of horizon only if rotated by more than 5 deg

Fixes
* slide between settings tabs disabled
* touch / control alignment problems on phones with display notches / cutouts (S10, P20, Pixel 3XL, ...)

Known issues
* manual is not updated
* translations haven't been updated for new functions, so expect to see some english messages

Headless mode:
Not my favorite feature but it was asked for many times and maybe its useful for some.
When active there will be a Tello Icon displayed inside the right onscreen stick which indicates the direction Tello is heading. That is if you activate headless, and then turn 90 degrees right, the Tello icon will rotate 90 deg right, too. That way it shows how Tello will move if you use pitch & roll (as long as you have pitch & roll on the right stick :unsure:).

Audio recording:
Option to record the phone's microfon input into the video

EXIF tags
EXIF tags are now preserved even when re-encoding photos, or using the rotate & crop option. Also the phone's GPS position is added to the EXIF so gallery apps can show the location (of the phone, not tello)

Boomerang autopilot:
Does a long distance dronie (up & away) , then an optional 360 turn, followed by an invers dronie back to the starting point. Since you don't want Tello to end up in your face it does only travel back 90% of the distance. So if you tell it to go 30m it will do a 30m dronie, a 360 spin, and then come back 27m to leave some room for inaccuracies of the VPS.

Screen recording:
Many folks use screen recorders but the free versions come with a watermark or very low resolution. So I added my own screen recorder, doing full resolution recording. Since this is really beta and hasn't been tested enough I disabled it by default. If you want to use it, send me a PM and I'll tell you how to enable it.

New feature "Inc / Dec Bitrate can be assigned to controller button" tested in flight and works PERFECT. You make me happy ;)

Boomerang autopilot works pretty good, even though It's a little scary.

GPS position and height added to Exif DATA verified.

Headless tested successfully

Screen recording works AMAZING.

You did a great job, @volate!lo !!!

Thank you!
A word of warning: While I haven't had any issues I strongly advise against using screen & audio recording for distance flights.

These are completely new features that can have side effects (like app crash).

Sometimes the boomerang doesnt complete the rotation, it turns 180 degrees and turns Back the other way but it returns. The headless Mode outside loses orientation after a While, but i find this usefull because it makes it easier to do that smooth rotation movement While going in the same direction.
Update: i did some 20 meter boomerang and tello is overrotating on his way back.

Last edited:
hi, friends. how can I get this program while in Russia in play market writes "not available in your country" as well as in Ukraine. I am ready to pay money, but don't take. Thanks.

The app is not for sale in a couple of countries, including Russia and Ukraine. There is no workaround so please use the Ryze app.

No problems were reported by testers so I will do 1.13c later today to enable this feature for all users.

Reactions: hea-kun

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazyed