Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Hallo und ein gutes neues 2019!

Ein kleines Detail ist mir aufgefallen:
Bei meinem Note 8 fehlen die Mapping Punkte Rate Limit und Rate Boost.
Beim Samsung A 2015 sind diese vorhanden.

20190102_123656.jpg

Hallo und ein gutes neues 2019!

Ein kleines Detail ist mir aufgefallen:
Bei meinem Note 8 fehlen die Mapping Punkte Rate Limit und Rate Boost.
Beim Samsung A 2015 sind diese vorhanden.

My guess is you have different versions installed.

Hello, what news will there be in the next version?
Having the possibility of adding acoustic alarms to some functions such as: low battery, low WiFi reception and VPS / off would be very useful. But already you had answered and will be on the list of things to do?
Greetings and Happy 2019;)

These are noted on the list.
Sorry I am not going into details of the next release. As much as I enjoy feature requests those community priorities are not necessarily correlating well with my own priorities. My todo list is re-ordered constantly based on the following priorities
1) bug fixing
2) bug fixing
3) bug fixing (have I mentioned bug fixing? Top priority is killing all bugs)
4) constant cleanup of the codebase to keep the codebase healthy and clean
5) structural changes required for upcoming VR
6) Features / modifications required to keep the overall userbase happy (like fixing the 4:3 video on 18:9 screen problem)
7) VR
8) other feature requests as they fit

Sometimes I implement some completely unimportant feature right on spot (like flips), because it's very little effort and just fits into what I'm doing at the moment. Also I'm batching jobs for efficiency more then based on user demand. I am listening to you, but I have my own agenda to follow. In the end we will get all things done, and nothing will be forgotten.

I only commit to things already done because my priorities can change anytime. The only promise for future features I give is VR in January which I will certainly keep.

Another promise: configurable video aspect ratios will come first, because I keep getting lots of complaints about the stretching. Folks with newer 18:9 or even 19:9 phones have a very strange video stream so I have to fix this or the app rating will go down.

What is done for next release (today / tomorrow) is currently:

New features
------------
* Flips
* Recording button now highlighted when recording video
* Option to re-encode JPGs in case of problems (gallery thumbnails or editing apps complaining)
* RTH minim altitude knows about general altitude limit and vice versa
* Warning when approaching altitude limit (when over 90% of max altitude and throttle is up)
* AP performance in stronger winds

Fixed issues
------------
* Recording button not highlighted when recording
* RTH still too fast in sport mode to stop so overshoots the destination sometimes: Speed limited to 5m/s and slowing down now starts at 15m distance to go
* RTH would not work if minimum altitude was higher than the general altitude limit (RTH would only spin into the direction of home but not fyl back home)
* distortion of recorded video when played on some Android players as well as IOS / Mac players
* Timing problems causing crash & ANR when leaving the app

And keep in mind I have to fly Tello from time to time :)
Today I managed to get out and do three batteries testing Autopilots in windy conditions. Windy enough that tello could not make headway against the wind in slow mode. All APs worked OK in sport mode. RTH over 250m distance after complete loss of video in maybe 15-20mph sidewinds and Tello kept course quite well, it returned to around maybe 15m from home position. Tello's VPS loses quite a bit precision when in stronger winds but it works well enough to be useful.
I haven't checked video footage yet but it will be shaky and useless, and I have a YT ban anyway. Bottom line: Starting next release APs are safe to use in moderate conditions.

Thanks for the tip but on the Note 8 is already installed V 0.94.
Pls clear all controller mapping and try again!

There is a bug present when clearing controllers inflight (OK, sounds stupid, but I did that). This problem does not clear on restart, so just don't clear controllers while flying.
In case you are bitten by the bug you have to de-install & re-install (or wait for the next update).

Reactions: flug1000

Sorry I am not going into details of the next release. As much as I enjoy feature requests those community priorities are not necessarily correlating well with my own priorities. My todo list is re-ordered constantly based on the following priorities
1) bug fixing
2) bug fixing
6) Features / modifications required to keep the overall userbase happy (like fixing the 4:3 video on 18:9 screen problem)
7) VR

Sometimes I implement some completely unimportant feature right on spot (like flips), because it's very little effort and just fits into what I'm doing at the moment. Also I'm batching jobs for efficiency more then based on user demand. I am listening to you, but I have my own agenda to follow. In the end we will get all things done, and nothing will be forgotten.

I only commit to things already done because my priorities can change anytime. The only promise for future features I give is VR in January which I will certainly keep.

Another promise: configurable video aspect ratios will come first, because I keep getting lots of complaints about the stretching. Folks with newer 18:9 or even 19:9 phones have a very strange video stream so I have to fix this or the app rating will go down.

New features
------------
* Flips
* Option to re-encode JPGs in case of problems (gallery thumbnails or editing apps complaining)
* Warning when approaching altitude limit (when over 90% of max altitude and throttle is up)

Fixed issues
------------
* RTH still too fast in sport mode to stop so overshoots the destination sometimes: Speed limited to 5m/s and slowing down now starts at 15m distance to go
* RTH would not work if minimum altitude was higher than the general altitude limit (RTH would only spin into the direction of home but not fyl back home)
* distortion of recorded video when played on some Android players as well as IOS / Mac players

Today I managed to get out and do three batteries testing Autopilots in windy conditions. Windy enough that tello could not make headway against the wind in slow mode. All APs worked OK in sport mode. RTH over 250m distance after complete loss of video in maybe 15-20mph sidewinds and Tello kept course quite well, it returned to around maybe 15m from home position. Tello's VPS loses quite a bit precision when in stronger winds but it works well enough to be useful.
I haven't checked video footage yet but it will be shaky and useless, and I have a YT ban anyway. Bottom line: Starting next release APs are safe to use in moderate conditions.

I understand well and you're doing hard work for this app. We often want too much, but we just have to thank you for what you have given us in this app.;)

I understand well and you're doing hard work for this app. We often want too much, but we just have to thank you for what you have given us in this app.;)

Don't get me wrong. Keep the ideas coming - I am interested and I am listening and I keep notes of all feature requests. And sometimes I even do features I promised not to do (flips :confused:).

Just please accept that I can't do everything at the same time and that my priorities are sometimes driven by different aspects than your (personal or community) priorities. As said, end the end we shall all get the features we hope for.

Except some people keep asking about face tracking which just sends shivers down my spine, even more than flips. I tried it in another app and was super unimpressed be the performance and especially the lack of usefulness in a real world.

[QUOTE = "volate! Lo, post: 14730, membro: 4528"] Non fraintendermi. Mantenere le idee in arrivo - Sono interessato e sto ascoltando e tengo note di tutte le richieste di funzionalità. E a volte faccio anche cose che ho promesso di non fare (salti mortali: confuso :).

Per favore, accetta che sono tutte uguali. Come detto, alla fine tutti otterremo le competenze che speriamo.

Tranne che alcune persone continuano a leggere informazioni sul volto che mi fa venire i brividi lungo la schiena, anche più che ai saluti mortali. L'ho provato in un'altra app ed ero molto impressionato dalle prestazioni e dalla mancanza di utilità in un mondo reale. [/ CITAZIONE]

Tranquillo e prenditi tutto il tempo che ti serve ci mancherebbe ..;)
Sono già pieno del tuo app!
PS: non sono un fan delle capriole.

Pls clear all controller mapping and try again!

There is a bug present when clearing controllers inflight (OK, sounds stupid, but I did that). This problem does not clear on restart, so just don't clear controllers while flying.
In case you are bitten by the bug you have to de-install & re-install (or wait for the next update).

Thank you very much, that was the solution!

hello friends, I'm Ronaldo from Brazil. I did the fpv test, it satisfied me a lot. I would like to post the experience I had here with you. I hope as soon as possible to buy it, here in Brazil it's kinda complicated any more buying action. of everything I tested was the best and most complete program

Reactions: xcrost and Flydrone
hello friends, I'm Ronaldo from Brazil. I did the fpv test, it satisfied me a lot. I would like to post the experience I had here with you. I hope as soon as possible to buy it, here in Brazil it's kinda complicated any more buying action. of everything I tested was the best and most complete program

I commented on your video channel before but Youtube deleted my account shortly after. Cool video, great location. Just strange music but hey :ROFLMAO: .
Good that you found us, hope to see more of your videos!

1) bug fixing
2) bug fixing
7) VR

New features
------------
* Flips

Fixed issues
------------

Dear friend, I think it is not too much complicated: ¿Can you change the color of the letters or the background of the on screen mesages? Green is nice, but if you fly outdoors there are many green objects in the flying view...
Thanks a lot
Regards
Gabriel

Reactions: nahuel
Dear friend, I think it is not too much complicated: ¿Can you change the color of the letters or the background of the on screen mesages? Green is nice, but if you fly outdoors there are many green objects in the flying view...
Thanks a lot
Regards
Gabriel

Thanks for the feedback. I will check something new for colors in the next version.

Reactions: GabrielK
Thanks a lot
Regards
Gabriel
This is actually a good request. Maybe something in smaller font and boxed, like in the official app?

Really excited for the new version!

This is actually a good request. Maybe something in smaller font and boxed, like in the official app?

Really excited for the new version!
Not really excited about boxed. TelloFpv uses the holo green information text only for stuff that typically stays on screen for some time (VPS off, battery low, wifi low) and personally I don't like the view being blocked by some boxed informations. most of them aren't critically important, except battery of course but even that depends on your battery threshold setting.

Boxed notifications are only used for short notifications, something that is displayed for short periods like "Photo download finished" or "Autopilot deactivated"

I cant find v0.94 new festures

Boost button: Temporarily doubles the rate (up to 100% rate)
* Limit button: Temporarily cuts rate in half

can you help me ?

I like current telloFpv non intrusive notifications. Please keep them

I may "box" the holo green notification with some semitransparent background layer that keeps fading in/out just like the notification text. I have never done or seen this so I will try and see how it looks first. If that doesn't work I will stick with the notifications as they are, maybe add some color scheme to it. But really, thats for sometime in the future.

I think it really is an issue only for people flying mostly line of sight and just checking the screen from time to time. If you fly pure FPV and concentrate on the screen the notifications are IMO non-intrusive but clear enough. In VR mode a boxed notification would be an annoyance IMO.

I cant find v0.94 new festures

Boost button: Temporarily doubles the rate (up to 100% rate)
* Limit button: Temporarily cuts rate in half

can you help me ?

These are available only for mapping to buttons on external controllers. You may have to clear controller settings for them to show up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luis_g