Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

v0.99c is out for beta test on google play

The original beta test team had grown too large and a bit out of control so I cleared it out. You have to "apply" again, that is:
Open google play on device, navigate to tellofpv, and scroll down to the invitation, then follow instructions.

Please note: This is beta software. I had to re-arrange quite a few things to make this work. Expect a few glitches here and there, and possibly even serious bugs.

This version enforces the license. Most users will already have a license on their devices o no problem. Those with special needs shall send me the device IDs and their forum name by email ([email protected]), or using a private conversation here in the forum.
I already have a few requests in my mail, no need to send again. I will process them all tomorrow morning, and send you a license key for each phone and instructions how to use. This is not for general use, but only for folks who have been present on this thread before.

New
* VR mode
* Start recording automatically on stock flight programs 360, up&out, circle
* Option to start recording on takeoff

Changes
* Circle POI speed more flexible

Fixes
* Controller disconnected if user removes one or more stick axis configurations

v0.99c is out for beta test on google play

The original beta test team had grown too large and a bit out of control so I cleared it out. You have to "apply" again, that is:
Open google play on device, navigate to tellofpv, and scroll down to the invitation, then follow instructions.

Please note: This is beta software. I had to re-arrange quite a few things to make this work. Expect a few glitches here and there, and possibly even serious bugs.

This version enforces the license. Most users will already have a license on their devices o no problem. Those with special needs shall send me the device IDs and their forum name by email ([email protected]), or using a private conversation here in the forum.
I already have a few requests in my mail, no need to send again. I will process them all tomorrow morning, and send you a license key for each phone and instructions how to use. This is not for general use, but only for folks who have been present on this thread before.

New
* VR mode
* Start recording automatically on stock flight programs 360, up&out, circle
* Option to start recording on takeoff

Changes
* Circle POI speed more flexible

Fixes
* Controller disconnected if user removes one or more stick axis configurations
Awesome! Love the "option to start rec. on take off" addition! Testing begins....uh...NOW :) Thanks Volate!lo!

Finally got it. Now my problem is that I haven't used the Gear in a long time. How do I get it out of this Oculus mode and instead showing the TelloFPV screen?

I found something that says if I install the CB Enabler for Gear, I can use Cardboard apps (I assume that TelloFPV is such an app), however, the CB enabler is no longer available on the Play store. Must be another way...

It would appear that any of the links I've seen that purport to permit CB apps using the Gear have been removed from the Play Store. If anyone has a Gear and gets it working with TelloFPV, please share the secret. Failing that, @volate!lo, care to make TelloFPV an Oculus-compatible app? :)

I found the CB Enabler apk but when I try to install, it just hangs. Google apparently doesn't want people to use CB apps with the Gear. I guess I will have to get another headset. If anyone has a recommendation for a CB compatible headset that will work with the Samsung S7 Edge, please let me know.

Last edited:
Tellofpv is not a cardboard APP. Its HandMade, due to additional lag introduced by VR libraries, or massive HW and SW requirements for those without too much lag

Its just an app with 2 views.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stele
Tellofpv is not a cardboard APP. Its HandMade, due to additional lag introduced by VR libraries, or massive HW and SW requirements for those without too mich lag

Managed to try VR mode for a minute before leaving for work. On a mi 5s and low light in the room. Pretty good. Can’t say anything about lag because i was in hurry. I think i will switch to a Galaxy s6 because of your app. The extra resolution and OLED screen will boost the experience.

Thanks a lot for your hard work and for keeping the timeline.

BTW do you think an s6 or s7 edge phone would ruin the VR experience because of the edged screen?

Last edited:
Ok, now I want to buy some cheap set of VR goggles. Any suggestions? People are buying new gear just because of this app! volate!lo should start getting extra cash for that!

Reactions: xcrost
Managed to try VR mode for a minute before leaving for work. On a mi 5s and low light in the room. Pretty good. Can’t say anything about lag because i was in hurry. I think i will switch to a Galaxy s6 because of your app. The extra resolution and OLED screen will boost the experience.

Thanks a lot for your hard work and for keeping the timeline.

BTW do you think an s6 or s7 edge phone would ruin the VR experience because of the edged screen?

I think for most goggles the edge part of the screen would be outside the FOV, but given the choice I'd stay clear from the edge versions.

Ok, now I want to buy some cheap set of VR goggles. Any suggestions? People are buying new gear just because of this app! volate!lo should start getting extra cash for that!

Mine is the Fiit VR2s. Already a year or two old. was around 15 Euro straight from china. Back then it was the best bang for the buck, but I haven't followed the market.

I don't believe in affiliate links so just buy what & where you find the best deal :)

Reactions: xcrost
Tellofpv is not a cardboard APP. Its HandMade, due to additional lag introduced by VR libraries, or massive HW and SW requirements for those without too much lag

Maybe I wasn't clear in my previous post (wasn't fully awake):

Users of GearVR (and any other supersmart VR headset) have to stop the phone from entering the VR mode when plugged into the headset. Here is a few ways to try for GearVR:

https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/get-rid-samsung-galaxy-vr-service-app/

Reactions: Ansia
What does the “3D effect for HUD” option do? Can you explain?

the HUD (Head up display) refers to the flight data displayed on the screens. This HUD can be a little offset for each eye so it appears to be hovering in front of the video image.
This 3d effect works only if you have an actual video feed to look at, not when adjusting the screens with Tello disconnected.

Still playing around with this, I'm not 100% sure it will make it to final.

I've just tested the new version, and noticed a few things.AutoStart recording on takeoff only worked if I'm already in video mode, as well as the other auto recording functions. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that but I can live with it. But there are 2 other issues that might need a tweek. 1- When taking a picture and returning to video mode my video freezes and horizontal lines appear on the image.
2- On landing i'm getting "unkonwn error 13". What could it be? Tello's behaviour seemed normal to me.
I'm charging bateries to test again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killer12