Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Hello. I want to use your application, but it is not available for download in Russia.
Can you send by e-mail?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-03-11-47-33-782_com.android.vending.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-03-11-47-33-782_com.android.vending.png
    775.1 KB · Views: 18
Only t1d and flypad are supported directly.
And tons of other controllers that are supported by android. Some of those currently have trouble mapping certain buttons but these will be addressed in a future release (soon)

Hello friend volate!lo, I would like you to tell me if this gamepad is totally compatible with the app TELLOFVP: Ipega PG-9076

Hello friend volate!lo, I would like you to tell me if this gamepad is totally compatible with the app TELLOFVP: Ipega PG-9076
I am sorry but I don't know. As you can imagine I don't own more than a handful gamepads.

It should be compatible. There is a chance that a few buttons are not useable, but that will change in a future release. Actually this controller update the next bigger job, so should be in Beta in a few days.

Reactions: xcrost
I am sorry but I don't know. As you can imagine I don't own more than a handful gamepads.

It should be compatible. There is a chance that a few buttons are not useable, but that will change in a future release. Actually this controller update the next bigger job, so should be in Beta in a few days.

Thanks master, you can recommend a cheap gamepad, other than the gamesir

Hello. I want to use your application, but it is not available for download in Russia.
Can you send by e-mail?
TelloFpv won't work if installed from other sources but Google Play Store. It validates the license with google play servers so it does not work if not purchased through google play.

I had a thought. I know it's scary, it scared me too!:ROFLMAO: It would be great to have attitude control mappable if it is possible. It would be nice to not be looking at the ground so much In FPV. Furthermore, it would be even better if it only applied to pitch forward and not the other axis. Even further more have a boost available for high wind etc. Or some other stick position factor. It would have to be user defined or at least on/off switchable or something. I may be dreaming. If so just ignore me!:p

I think what you are asking for is "rate" combined with "brain". Some of the "brain" can be substituted with "expo" :p . If you use the pitch stick more gently you don't constantly look at the ground.
I am afraid that such a function will confuse way more people than it will help.

What I can do is make the "max attitude" mappable to buttons. Like L1 increase attitude by 5°, R1 decrease attitude by 5°. Mapping to a button of your choice of course. But it will affect all axis, and it will no fix a too low rate setting (like boost does).

Some recommendation of a CHEAP gamepad that is not the gamesir and that works perfect with the app, suggestions are listened to

My best suggestions is: Look into the drawers, ask friends for derelict USB gamepads and just try if you like it.

I am not an expert for gamepads, but my tests have shown that those that I own are all giving "junk" level precision compared to RC controllers. T1D is somewhat OK but far from good. The only exception is the Flypad, but that also is a BT only controller, working only for Parrot drones, and TelloFpv & aTelloPilot.
I am determined to get the controller stuff ready in the next couple of days, that should open up a hole new rage of controllers like the Flyskys giving much better precision.

Reactions: xcrost and spamaro
TelloFpv won't work if installed from other sources but Google Play Store. It validates the license with google play servers so it does not work if not purchased through google play.
How to purchase through google play if the application is not available in Russia ?

I stopped using my tello due to an unstable official application and even want to sell it. But I accidentally saw this topic. According to the description, I can say this is a great replacement for the official application. And ready to buy.

Let me explain this.
TelloFpv was available in Russia from the beginning.

Russia is a big country, and people there think its a big market that should be treated accordingly. In reality it is a very tiny market: before I pulled the app off the Russian market it had a total of 6 (!) paid downloads. Plus a few cancelled purchases, indicating people are sideloading copies.
Downloads for the free Demo were better but still tiny numbers. Overall the market in Russia was roughly the size of Argentina.

These few downloads created email contacts totally out of proportion. I received emails -often rude- from about 15 people. With 6 downloads but 15 contacts this is indicating a massive problem with cracking / sideloading.

But the main problem was:
Both free and paid app received several 3-4 star ratings, a few reviews complaining about missing translation, and even two 1 star reviews from Russia. That was in the early days when every rating & review has a severe impact on the total rating.

Consequently I pulled the app from the market for Russia and a few other countries with similar problems.

I feel sorry for those affected by this decision, but I hope you understand that I am not willing to risk the review rating of this app for a market that amounts to 2% of total revenue.

Last edited:
Reactions: xcrost
Today at last I stop raining after 6 days of rain without stopping, I did the test with the tello at 30 m height.
I returned home with TELLO FPV, it was perfect the descent although it had 18kph winds, congratulations volate!lo

Reactions: volate!lo

I think what you are asking for is "rate" combined with "brain". Some of the "brain" can be substituted with "expo" :p . If you use the pitch stick more gently you don't constantly look at the ground.
I am afraid that such a function will confuse way more people than it will help.

What I can do is make the "max attitude" mappable to buttons. Like L1 increase attitude by 5°, R1 decrease attitude by 5°. Mapping to a button of your choice of course. But it will affect all axis, and it will no fix a too low rate setting (like boost does).
Sorry I think too much... and I tend to fly full stick forward all the time. Bad habit and I should learn to fly better. I would forget the attitude thing but it might be useful to have available in mapping and it sounds like it is not hard to do. I do like the idea of using expo and boost instead. I will start practicing with that. That said, I know I would love having the 3rd tuning tab for FPV. I know, next I will ask you to show the battery level of my extender power bank!:p Thank you for responding to my sometimes silly or stupid requests! Most (if not all) other developers would just laugh at and ignore ignorant users like me!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliaso