Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

v0.99e is out on google play for beta test

New
* VR mode
* Start recording automatically on stock flight programs 360, up&out, circle
* Option to start recording on takeoff
* Autopilot for making 360 pano photos (for manual stitching, e.g. bimostitch)
* Self timer countdown

Changes
* Circle POI speed more flexible (10-100%, can be changed underway using the roll stick)
* Iframe period 0 (not suitable for video recording, only for long distance FPV)
* Bitrate Auto returned, with some change to make it start @4Mbs

Fixes
* Controller disconnected if user removes one or more stick axis configurations
* Option "Re-encode photos" lost when app closed
* DEMO: RTH failed if minimum altitude was set above the 2m altitude restriction
* Activation of APs silently failed if VPS not active
* Low battery reported as Error Code 13
* Camera selector switch causing trouble

Under the hood I also prepared everything for translations so tomorrow I will get in touch with those who indicated they could support me with localization.

Last edited:

New
* VR mode
* Start recording automatically on stock flight programs 360, up&out, circle
* Option to start recording on takeoff
* Autopilot for making 360 pano photos (for manual stitching, e.g. bimostitch)
* Self timer countdown

Changes
* Circle POI speed more flexible (10-100%, can be changed underway using the roll stick)
* Iframe period 0 (not suitable for video recording, only for long distance FPV)

Fixes
* Controller disconnected if user removes one or more stick axis configurations
* Option "Re-encode photos" lost when app closed
* DEMO: RTH failed if minimum altitude was set above the 2m altitude restriction
* Activation of APs silently failed if VPS not active
* Low battery reported as Error Code 13
* Camera selector switch causing trouble

Under the hood I also prepared everything for translations so tomorrow I will get in touch with those who indicated they could support me with localization.

remember me! to order here for the Spanish translation

Anyone know the World record for app version/update releases in less than 2 months? You should be in Guiness Volate!lo! :)

Reactions: Flydrone

Changes

@volate!lo,

I'm very satisfied Bitrate Auto returned in v0.99e. I'll test your changes to make it start @4Mbs as soon as possible.

I hope you keep improving this feature if future releases. It would be amazing if you could implement your own volatello's algorithm for automatically adjusting bitrates. Controller shortcuts for manual bitrate adjust will be wellcome too.

I am so pleased with your quick update. Thanks a lot. You are great, man :)

Raul.

Reactions: xcrost
For me it is very nice picture but it may by a little bit darker ;)
Thanks for all the efforts in terms of improving the looks.
Since I can't please everyone I decided to stick to the TelloFpv Icon. Also I don't want to put much more effort into this.
"Fashion follows function" - features are more important than looks.

Do you happen to have just the background of the attached one? That matched the existing colors and the positions of screen elements very well, and worked well with the OSD.
I just need the "TellFpv" moved a bit up, so there is about 5% free space under the text or it will be partly hidden under the bottom status bar and buttons.
The newer one had too light colors, so the notification text did not really stand out much and were hard to read.

Regarding the Icon logo:
I know that some might want a logo that is a bit more like Tello, but that one is present on a few thousand devices already and not something I want to change lightheartedly.

Attachments

• 1549273799665.png
    1549273799665.png
    634.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: xcrost and Flydrone
Thanks for all the efforts in terms of improving the looks.
Since I can't please everyone I decided to stick to the TelloFpv Icon. Also I don't want to put much more effort into this.
"Fashion follows function" - features are more important than looks.

Do you happen to have just the background of the attached one? That matched the existing colors and the positions of screen elements very well, and worked well with the OSD.
I just need the "TellFpv" moved a bit up, so there is about 5% free space under the text or it will be partly hidden under the bottom status bar and buttons.
The newer one had too light colors, so the notification text did not really stand out much and were hard to read.

Regarding the Icon logo:
I know that some might want a logo that is a bit more like Tello, but that one is present on a few thousand devices already and not something I want to change lightheartedly.

I agree with you. To volate!lo ...;)
I must say that now your logo with a blue background I really like it!(y)
Thanks again for the excellent work done with Tello FPV!

I thank you for providing a new version.
Unfortunately when you connect the USB controller, the remaining battery level of the controller that was not displayed until now is displayed as 101%.

I thank you for providing a new version.
Unfortunately when you connect the USB controller, the remaining battery level of the controller that was not displayed until now is displayed as 101%.

fixed, will be released in a few hours!
Thanks!

Thanks for the solid blue background and simple graphic! AFAIC you can leave it just like that.

BTW, I get the blue bar at the top every time I leave the main screen and come back... like for instance using the app shortcut to go to the Wi-Fi screen, turn on Wi-Fi and come back.

Force close and restart is the only remedy

Thanks for the solid blue background and simple graphic! AFAIC you can leave it just like that.

BTW, I get the blue bar at the top every time I leave the main screen and come back... like for instance using the app shortcut to go to the Wi-Fi screen, turn on Wi-Fi and come back.

Force close and restart is the only remedy
Which makes your phone the ideal testbed for a fix. Because with my phones it happens maybe 1 out of 100 times. I will look into this now...

There is no way to monitor the temperature of the processor in tello? I intend to monitor on the app the temperature that causes the drone to shut down due to overheating.

There is no way to monitor the temperature of the processor in tello? I intend to monitor on the app the temperature that causes the drone to shut down due to overheating.
I have yet to find the correct value. I found a temp value but that was the IMU which didn't really get hot at all so was useless.
All I currently identify is the error code that is sent shortly before Tello switches off but then its already too late.

Maybe need some time to dig through the tons of log data the drone sends to the phone.

I have yet to find the correct value. I found a temp value but that was the IMU which didn't really get hot at all so was useless.
All I currently identify is the error code that is sent shortly before Tello switches off but then its already too late.

Maybe need some time to dig through the tons of log data the drone sends to the phone.
I understood ... it would have been interesting to keep this temperature under control.
Thanks for the reply!;)

Translations....
Each translation adds some overhead to modifications, so I'd like to keep them at bay. I would like to offer translation to German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, French. That should cover >90% of the market.

I had a few offers for help with translations, mostly by direct conversation. The forum does not allow file attachments for direct conversations so I will just post the files here and whoever finds the time to translate on language should post a comment on the forum so I can mark that language as covered.

I already used an automated translation to prepare the language files. That produced some funny results, at least for German. Please find attached the automated translations as a starting point, including the main english version for reference. I had to zip them as the forum does not allow XML files.

How to translate
A typical string resource looks like this
<string name="set_mapp_stick">Move controller stick to change mapping for %s</string>
You could just change the text between the > and < tags into the local language.

Please note a few placeholders / special formats:
\n is a new line, mostly used to break up multi-line notifications
%1.f is a placeholder for a fractional number, often followed by some unit, like "Distance %1.fm" becomes "Distance 2.4m"
%d is a placeholder for a decimal number like "Photo %d of %d" becomes "Photo 7 of 12"
%s is a placeholder for a string, like "Move controller stick to change mapping for %s" becomes "Move controller stick to change mapping for Pitch"
%% is a placeholder for a simple % sign

The order and type of placeholders cannot be modified, so the wording needs to be take care of this.

The EULA text is OK in english. Nobody reads that anyway!

Covered:
German ( volate!lo ) DONE
Potuguese (ceredajunior) DONE
Spanish (anielloz) DONE
Italian (anielloz) DONE
French (FB group) DONE

Open:
-

Attachments

• tello translation.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Which makes your phone the ideal testbed for a fix. Because with my phones it happens maybe 1 out of 100 times. I will look into this now...

I just bought this phone, it's a refurb Galaxy S5 w/ Android 6.0.1 on verizon

Need any more details just let me know... thanks

Translations....
Each translation adds some overhead to modifications, so I'd like to keep them at bay. I would like to offer translation to German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, French. That should cover >90% of the market.

I had a few offers for help with translations, mostly by direct conversation. The forum does not allow file attachments for direct conversations so I will just post the files here and whoever finds the time to translate on language should post a comment on the forum so I can mark that language as covered.

I already used an automated translation to prepare the language files. That produced some funny results, at least for German. Please find attached the automated translations as a starting point, including the main english version for reference. I had to zip them as the forum does not allow XML files.

How to translate
A typical string resource looks like this
<string name="set_mapp_stick">Move controller stick to change mapping for %s</string>
You could just change the text between the > and < tags into the local language.

Please note a few placeholders / special formats:
\n is a new line, mostly used to break up multi-line notifications
%1.f is a placeholder for a fractional number, often followed by some unit, like "Distance %1.fm" becomes "Distance 2.4m"
%d is a placeholder for a decimal number like "Photo %d of %d" becomes "Photo 7 of 12"
%s is a placeholder for a string, like "Move controller stick to change mapping for %s" becomes "Move controller stick to change mapping for Pitch"
%% is a placeholder for a simple % sign

The order and type of placeholders cannot be modified, so the wording needs to be take care of this.

The EULA text is OK in english. Nobody reads that anyway!

Covered:
German ( volate!lo )
Potuguese (ceredajunior)

Open:
Italian
French
Spanish
Is Portuguese BR enough? Or do you want a translation to Portuguese PT? There might be minor differences in terms and expressions. If you also want Portuguese PT translation let me know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliaso