Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

No clue what a RoHS controller is. I only know RoHS as "Restriction of Hazardous Substances" so maybe its just a conformity label you misinterpret?

1.05 will be promoted to productive later today (unless someone finds show stoppers of course).

No clue what a RoHS controller is.

Someting like these: >Link<. This is KuGi. My controller is black and is labeld with RoHS. But the rest is the same.
Don't worry. Your app is fabulous. I bought it some times before for my VR-Games. It is not made for drones and is not the best. But to stop a student's fly it's OK.

Reactions: xcrost
Tested the new version in fpv mode only, everything I could test in fpv mode seems to be working great but I was at 30 meters of altitude and 40 meters from home (not really far away I mean) using the panorama function and after a while my stream starts to get a delay of a few seconds and it only gets back to normal after I get really close to my wi-fi repeater. It happened more than once and after wi-fi interference warnings. I don't know if its related to fpv function or to the use of the panoramic pictures while in fpv. My bitrate was in auto, Iframe interval of 2 seconds. Has any one experienced this?
P.S. I had the new straight/crop function active, could this make my phone slower processing the video stream as it is saving/straightening photos/creating new copies?

Last edited:
Tested the new version in fpv mode only, everything I could test in fpv mode seems to be working great but I was at 30 meters of altitude and 40 meters from home (not really far away I mean) using the panorama function and after a while my stream starts to get a delay of a few seconds and it only gets back to normal after I get really close to my wi-fi repeater. It happened more than once and after wi-fi interference warnings. I don't know if its related to fpv function or to the use of the panoramic pictures while in fpv. My bitrate was in auto, Iframe interval of 2 seconds. Has any one experienced this?
P.S. I had the new straight/crop function active, could this make my phone slower processing the video stream as it is saving/straightening photos/creating new copies?

That could be due to panorama function and the processing of multiple photos, especially if PNG conversion was switched on. I will look into this.

I forgot:
Do you know if this was 1.04 or 1.05?
PNG conversion active or not?

how is the automatic crop and rotate suppose to work?
must be while flying?
will it work also by just holding the tello in angle??
how do i see its working??

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

v1.05 has been released on play store and should become available for download in the next minutes / hours

This version will become the next productive version unless defects are found.

Changes since v1.04
New
* Option to automatically rotate & crop photos to level the horizon
* Option to add altitude description to photos

The "level horizon" feature should make the stitching process for panoramas much easier. Depending on wind and wifi link quality the telemetry data used to rotate the photos can be inaccurate or outdated but typically the results are good as far as I can see. Leveled photos are store in addition to the originals to allow manual rotate & crop.

Hey Volate!lo,
Thank you very much for not only considering adding altitude info to photo info but for actually taking the time and effort to do so. It seems you truly enjoy producing the "BEST @#&% TELLO APP" available and I, like many many others, want you to know we really appreciate it! Keep up the great work.

must be while flying?

First you have to activate it in the photos settings. Should be active by default but just check.
Its enough if you just hold tello at an angle and take a photo. TelloFpv should save one photo just like it normally would and another one that is rotated and cropped. These share the same name say "2019-02-19 11-43-52.jpg" for the normal photo and "2019-02-19 11-43-52_level.jpg" for the rotated one.

Apologies if I missed your response but should the TelloFPV controller mapping say dpad up/down/right /left?

Depends...
Android defines a dozen or so standard keycodes and stick axis identifiers for gamepads. If the controller sends one of these TelloFpv shows the corresponding name. For example 19 is the keycode for "DPad Up".
Not all controllers follow these conventions. If some controller sends 189 this will show up as "2" because this is the code for gamepad button "2".
If the controller sends a keycode that is not a common gamepad keycode, say 134 then TelloFpv will show this as "ID 134".

If the controller sends a stick axis instead TelloFpv will show the axis name followed by plus/minus depending on the direction that was triggered, like "AXIS_Y+".

Some controllers may send both key press and stick axis movement if you press a button, in that case the first one to arrive will be chosen.

Hey Volate!lo,
Thank you very much for not only considering adding altitude info to photo info but for actually taking the time and effort to do so. It seems you truly enjoy producing the "BEST @#&% TELLO APP" available and I, like many many others, want you to know we really appreciate it! Keep up the great work.
Thank you!

This feature was actually requested by three people IIRC, but I just can't remember who it was so I can't notify them.

First you have to activate it in the photos settings. Should be active by default but just check.
Its enough if you just hold tello at an angle and take a photo. TelloFpv should save one photo just like it normally would and another one that is rotated and cropped. These share the same name say "2019-02-19 11-43-52.jpg" for the normal photo and "2019-02-19 11-43-52_level.jpg" for the rotated one.

yeap i see now, works like a charm :)

is it possible to just rotate, no crop??

It would be possible but realistically combined rotate & crop is what the majority of users need. So for "just rotate" its a manual job. That is one of the reasons why I keep the original photo.

must be while flying?

I believe tello uses its own angle of inclination to apply the crop and level the photos, it saves the original photos and the straightened copies on the same folder. It works, i have used this feature in windy conditions and tello does level the pictures very well! Test it with tello in your hand and see if it works.

Reactions: JürgenD
Apologies if I missed your response but should the TelloFPV controller mapping say dpad up/down/right /left?
I use a gamesir T1 and D pad appears like this:
axis_hat_Y- for d pad up
axis_hat_y+ for d pad down
axis_hat_X- for d pad left
Axis_hat_x+ for d pad right

volate!lo i'm going to try to replicate the issue of stream delay from yesterday, i'll try to understand if:
the crop/level feature has any influence on this
if it also happens while not using panoramic feature
if it only happens in FPV mode.

I use a gamesir T1 and D pad appears like this:
axis_hat_Y- for d pad up
axis_hat_y+ for d pad down
axis_hat_X- for d pad left
Axis_hat_x+ for d pad right
the suffixes - for up and + for down are counter-intuitive but correct. Controllers report "up" as negative values, and "down" as positive values. Well, most do...

I believe tello uses its own angle of inclination to apply the crop and level the photos, it saves the original photos and the straightened copies on the same folder. It works, i have used this feature in windy conditions and tello does level the pictures very well! Test it with tello in your hand and see if it works.

TelloFpv records the roll angle at the moment it receives the confirmation from Tello that it has received the "Take a photo" command. The rotate & crop happens later in the background.

For Pano photos I changed the directory and filename a bit. Currently both original and rotated go into the same folder with different file names, but that makes stitchting more complicated at least with bimostitch. Instead they will soon go into separate folders (one for original photos, one for rotated).

volate!lo i'm going to try to replicate the issue of stream delay from yesterday, i'll try to understand if:
the crop/level feature has any influence on this
if it also happens while not using panoramic feature
if it only happens in FPV mode.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean with FPV mode. VR mode (dual screens) or the normal single screen?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean with FPV mode. VR mode (dual screens) or the normal single screen?
Sorry I mean VR mode. I realized that it has nothing to do with the panoramic or level features. The stream delay may last 2 seconds and it happens in VR mode after starting to get wi-fi interference warnings and the signal gets between 70 and 40 db. Sometimes the stream won't recover from this even after getting closer to wi-fi repeater. The tello responds to the commands, only the streaming is afected by this delay. I know it comes with the "job" but i just lost my tello a few moments ago, I was able to deal with the delay in the earlier tests but this time wind just took it away and i was just fighting to get it in the right direction before i lost signal completly. I will look for it again later but i think its in some roof top two streets down.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazyed