Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I know onscreen isn't idea but that would be the real world test, unless you use the same controller for stock app / aTelloPilot. Its not required to fly around, or to a nice spot. Just start, get up a few meters and do a 360, maybe a bit banking left / right.
Unfortunately the wind is to high to get anything worthwhile I think. I have to stay in fast mode and EIS is jumping everywhere in V mode. I will try again when the wind improves.. I have a indoor flight from last night if that helps. TFPV was super stable flight and video was great considering the interference I have.

Unfortunately the wind is to high to get anything worthwhile I think. I have to stay in fast mode and EIS is jumping everywhere in V mode. I will try again when the wind improves.. I have a indoor flight from last night if that helps. TFPV was super stable flight and video was great considering the interference I have.
Take your time. Realistically tomorrow is the last day before we leave for Xmas and I won't be able to get much done anyway. Today I focus on the last release before Xmas.
So it can wait a little longer.

Plus as you have possibly seen I have received a couple of very good videos from zesteves for all three apps (TeollFTP, Tello and aTelloPilot both in-app videos and screen recordings).

So what is your point of view regarding video quality between these three apps? Are we close contenders or does TelloFPV need more work?

EDIT: I just realized that these were the first "real world" videos I have seen recorded by TelloFPV. Everything else was just indoor low light with lots of interference. So again: Thank you!

I have to watch the videos in more detail. I only watched them partially to organize the files so that you perceived what each one corresponded.

On top of that, the TelloFPV videos on my QuickTime Player were with a green bar below the screen.
However, in the VLC player they were fine.

Tomorrow I will see more closely in the VLC and then I will give my opinion.

Reactions: volate!lo
Please have a Merry Christmas! You deserve some time off! My opinion, release is ready. On-par and better than anything else available. Everything else can always be improved. Can't wait for VR! I hope it goes well with Google cardboard type support. Sounds great! I''ll send some video when the wind improves.

I have to watch the videos in more detail. I only watched them partially to organize the files so that you perceived what each one corresponded.

On top of that, the TelloFPV videos on my QuickTime Player were with a green bar below the screen.
However, in the VLC player they were fine.

Tomorrow I will see more closely in the VLC and then I will give my opinion.

Great! (y)(y)

No clue why quicktime doesn't like the videos. Play OK on windows stock player, android player, MxPlayer, VLC, ...

Reactions: zesteves
Please have a Merry Christmas! You deserve some time off! My opinion, release is ready. On-par and better than anything else available. Everything else can always be improved. Can't wait for VR! I hope it goes well with Google cardboard type support. Sounds great! I''ll send some video when the wind improves.

I changed so much of the internals over the last two days that I want to wait for first feedback on v0.7 before committing it to a public release.

But I understand your motivation: VR !

Reactions: xcrost
v0.7 is now available in post #2 on the first page of this thread.

Some improvements: Smoother autopilots, function re-set the home position, enhanced controller button mapping (long / short press), another video handling option,
Plus a few fixes, some of which require quite a lot of work. The erratic "ghost" behavior should be gone (APs still running in the background causing confusion, mostly of yaw).

I still can't fly outside so APs are tested only indoors. From what I can see they rock! That is as long as the POI is not too close, and you are not speeding along like mad (their intended use case is for video recording of POIs a few meters to a hundred meters away). Outside results may vary as they don't account much for wind drift. This is still not the final version of the AP controls, just something to get them to acceptable state so I can focus on the next big job. Prio1 is now bugfixing and VR.

It is no longer suggested to clear memory for restarting the app. In case you do experience problems that can be fixed by clearing the app from memory please tell me! I can't fix what I don't know!

I still can't reproduce the problem of RTH flying backwards while climbing to the RTH altitude. if you experience this please enable the debug overlay and do some screenshot / video while its going backward so I can see the AP output.

Flight log distances are still way off, sorry. I know whats wrong but I need sleep now.

This version will expire in 7 days and not 5 days as usual, as I don't know if/when I can do another build. Maybe tomorrow but after that its family time.
I will continue to monitor the forum but at a lower frequency

I wish you all a merry Xmas / holiday season / nice time!

Have fun !

Thank you Sir! I just flew it outside briefly and the video quality craps all over anything else. Its smooth and just a FEW little jitters on a fast yaw without changing any defaults. I dont even have a WIFI extender yet either - its in the mail. Anyway, the POI locks on tight and I LOVE that feature. The return to home works flawlessly, unless you forget where you took off like I just did due to being immersed in how cool this is. Emergency STOP. Brilliant. For me, this is already a top notch app and I cant wait for VR. We are taking the tello to the beach on holiday so hopefully I will get to test this more thoroughly after XMAS. Cant wait. I was probably going to sell this, but now I think I will hold onto it. Merry XMAS, and thanks again. Andrew.

hey guys
trying to install 0.7 release for some reason cant, sais application didn't install
anyone else experience that??

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

hey guys
trying to install 0.7 release for some reason cant, sais application didn't install
anyone else experience that??

Yes. If you accidentally click the wrong box when checking permissions Google Play Protect will block the APP from installing. Open Play Store>>>Go to settings menu top left>>>Play Protect<<then disable scan for security threats. You may need to uninstall TelloFPV first then re-install. I assume you can then re-enable threat scanning. Let me know if that helped.

Reactions: OptiPlex
Yes. If you accidentally click the wrong box when checking permissions Google Play Protect will block the APP from installing. Open Play Store>>>Go to settings menu top left>>>Play ProtectQUOTE]

yes it helped :)
thx alot man

Last edited:
Reactions: xcrost
You are welcome! I got 0.7 running but I just figured out I burned a motor. My heart is broken :( I could tell it was going bad. Shoulda woulda coulda already bought the motors. Now I'm grounded.

You are welcome! I got 0.7 running but I just figured out I burned a motor. My heart is broken :( I could tell it was going bad. Shoulda woulda coulda already bought the motors. Now I'm grounded.

bummer

Thank you for great APP tello FPV. I've tested v.06 outside almost clear and no wind ,It's work almost fine.

Especially I like is what I can change immediately the exposure at shooting with the controller key, it will be a great help in shooting photography. I am very happy if you provide AEB (auto exposure bracketing) function.

I just put my tello in photos mode..took a photo
..... When I went back to video.... the screen froze every time I hit record. I got 3 empty video files. Cheers.

Reactions: Joselpascual
Wohoooo! I just did my first outdoor flight in almost two weeks! Weather isn't good but wind is OK and it stopped raining for almost half an hours.

I won't comment on video quality as I'm biased so will leave that to others, but one word on the autopilots:
The POI APs in v0.7 really rock! What looked good indoors yesterday evening is awesome freaking cool outside!

Key points of todays flight:
  • We are getting close to release. I hope TelloFPV works as well for you as it does for me. Not a single glitch with 0.7 .
  • RTH saved my a** when video turned into garbage around 80m away.
  • RTH will receive a minor change in settings. When doing RTH from greater distances Tello speeds home at 7-8 m/s and has problems stopping in time for the home position. I will reduce max speed to 6 m/s.
  • Speed when in the final phase of approach (distance to go below 10m ) will be increased a bit but not too much as I want to keep indoor usability for RTH (useless I know but many folks love to play with this function indoors, and higher speeds in close quarters indoors are disconcerting).
  • I will add another speed step to Circle POI, as 40% roll isn't enough for circle large distance POIs in video mode.
  • Can't change speedmode while AP is on. That is correct for some APs (Circle POI would not work well) but other APs should accept a change in speedmode from speed to video or vice versa

I sorry for your loss. I'd just get a second Tello off ebay so you have spare parts to swap around. I bought a set of three as-new Tellos from a seller that specializes returned / refurbished items. Cost was around 60 each , and they were barely used.

But: your motor trouble completely explains your issues with not being able to keep altitude and it also explains the issue of RTH going backwards while climbing to altitude. I bet whenever your Tello climbed on neutral sticks it went backwards a bit. The weak motor caused Tello to not stay level but leaning a bit backwards, thus travelling backwards. Tello seems to compensate a bit for drift when only using throttle but not as much as when just hovering.

Thank you for great APP tello FPV. I've tested v.06 outside almost clear and no wind ,It's work almost fine.

Especially I like is what I can change immediately the exposure at shooting with the controller key, it will be a great help in shooting photography. I am very happy if you provide AEB (auto exposure bracketing) function.
If you like v0.6 try v0.7 !

You say it worked "almost fine". What are the issues for you?

AEB is part of the todo list as are many other photo related functions. Seriously: Thats why the shutter button sits so lonely on the right side of the screen: the other space is reserved for more photo functions ;-)
Priority #1 after Xmas is VR support. That is some serious effort to implement. Following that I have to implement a secret killer feature which will also be similar effort. Afterwards TelloFPV will start to mature in other functions, photo related features included.

I just put my tello in photos mode..took a photo
..... When I went back to video.... the screen froze every time I hit record. I got 3 empty video files. Cheers.

Any message associated with these issues? Like being unable to write files? Were the video files of 0 byte length?

After the big raining weeks I was outside Today for a few minutes to Test v 0.7 on my HTC u11.
It Works AWESOME!!!
I dont have any issue, even DuRecorder works while flying.
Video and Photo Switch Works for me perfect, no blue or black screen.
I tried your Video Settings with 5 Iframes, and it Works well. The Video Transmission Works just like the Stock App for me.

Nun kümmere Dich mal lieber um Deine Familie. Den Rest mit FPV kannst Du ja nach den Feiertagen angehen. Dir und Deiner Familie frohe Weihnachten

Reactions: umanbean
Any message associated with these issues? Like being unable to write files? Were the video files of 0 byte length?
They are 32 bytes each. The screen froze with what I was seeing when I hit record...but the timer was running. I still had control. When I hit stop recording, the screen came back to life. I went back to photos then back to video and tried again, same thing. I will try again tomorrow, might have been a glitch.
Cheers

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D1234