Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

@volate!lo ... (fantasy...) Do you think that It could be feassible to connect a 2nd phone to TelloFPV, only as VR monitor, so you can can use the main Phone+Controler to fly, and invite other person to a Virtual ride?

Reactions: volate!lo
As I promised, here is 728 meters video I recorded yesterday:

And here a more detailed post about equipment used: Tello reaching 728 meters flying TelloFPV app

It's the first time I use a fixed bitrate for flying. As TelloFPV will not allow automatic bitrate anymore, I'll have to get used to it :confused:

I set 1Mb and 1 Iframe per second. This were video settings I used:

728 video settings.jpg

Image quality is really poor, due low bitrate and due strong wind waving Tello.

Unfortunatelly I flew TelloFPV version v0.99a and no ZERO iframe option yet available.

I hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: zesteves
I made this simple background. What do you think about the TelloFPV app?

volate!lo What do you think? It's just an idea..

Attachments

• 421638638578813420_ (1).jpg
    421638638578813420_ (1).jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Reactions: anielloz
Is it a Bug?
TelloFPV dont remember the settings.
Auto-Record by takoff, Iframe and bitrate are Off when Closing the App.
So todays fpv flight is gone, only screenrecordings are all what I got.

On some settings I get confused because I dont know if its mean on or Off ???

I installed last version and I'm afraid I noticed a bug into v0.99d

The same Field of View is shown for video and photo modes. They should be quite different.

Stretching video option works wrong too. See:

video non stretch.png

I hope it's has an easy fix ;)

Last edited:
Def. something in the way it's handling the switching. I also noticed similar glitch after 360AP is used. I think it may be related.

Just flew again and I could not get the glitch to occur. Everything was fine...until I crashed into the pole of a road sign, yes head-on into a freaking pole! what are the odds??? lol

Reactions: Ansia
@volate!lo ... (fantasy...) Do you think that It could be feassible to connect a 2nd phone to TelloFPV, only as VR monitor, so you can can use the main Phone+Controler to fly, and invite other person to a Virtual ride?
This was part of the initial plan, but so far i never found the time to test if this would really work.

I made this simple background. What do you think about the TelloFPV app?

volate!lo What do you think? It's just an idea..
I like it, except for the volatello on the Tello. I think we'll have a vote on the fb group. Beach, logo or your background

Is it a Bug?
TelloFPV dont remember the settings.
Auto-Record by takoff, Iframe and bitrate are Off when Closing the App.
So todays fpv flight is gone, only screenrecordings are all what I got.

On some settings I get confused because I dont know if its mean on or Off ???
I just checked and yes the is a bug
I got it !
your fix only works using controller phisical button. On screen photo/video switch do nothing.
@volate!lo you should test this issue...
Will fix this tomorrow.

Currently skiing with family.

Last edited:
A simple way to see it.

Rate: the speed the drone will achieve.

Expo: how the drone achieves the Rate. More curve in the Expo, means that it will take more time for the Tello to reach it's maximum rate.

Deadzone: is there for those controllers that don't give out input in the closer areas to center point. This is how I fly in video mode. I get really smooth videos while using very little throttle. I do have a good controller for flying, so I have 0 dead zone.View attachment 2999

One correction:
Expo: how the drone achieves the Rate. More curve in the Expo, means that it will take more time stick for the Tello to reach it's maximum rate.

Reactions: Sage and Ansia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode