Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

First TO ALL GAMESIR TS1 USERS:
You need to buy a long otg cable!!!!

Second:
Thank you verry verry much for this FPV Pilot!!! You are a Hero!! Today I had my First real FPV flight, and it was so much Fun! I thought it would be a bit complicate, nur its easy as Icecream?? I have only the screenrecord via DuRecorder, means Side by Side. Tello didnt Record autmaticly because Im to dumb, I Always dont know if Button switched it is on or Off. I have this Problem with most Apps in the settings.

As Battery reached minimal Power I was not able to pilot in my direction. Right stick didnt react, only left stick was active. Means I had luck that Tello was in this Time right in Front of me.

Video Stream was Perfect on my HTC U11. Later I will Test it in my lower phone LG Xpower

Thank you verry much!

Cool.
Especially with VR you should set the "autocancel landing" option so that you don't fly like on kangaroo dope when landing on low battery is activated. And set a battery threshold to 15% minimum. Autolanding happens somewhere at or below 10%, this does not really correlate exactly with percentage.
When hover as low as you did when the battery was depleted Tello always reduces rates for pitch & roll. Nothing I can do about it.

@Ansia Did you have any luck getting the Samsung Gear to work with TelloFPV? Should I give up and get a FIIT VR2S or equivalent?

Still not updated my TelloFPV to v0.99d but I had a good reason, an stable bug-free release nedded for an early morning test flight.

I tried breaking my previous distance record. I had luck and got it ! :)

My new distance mark is now 728 meters. Almost one hundred more than previous.

As you can see record was achieved flying TelloFPV app

tello 728 meters.jpg

I'll publish a full video review as soon as possible.

Raul.

Last edited:
Which wifi repeater do you use?

Still not updated my TelloFPV to v0.99d but I had a good reason, an stable bug-free release nedded for an early morning test flight.

I tried breaking my previous distance record. I had luck and got it ! :)

My new distance mark is now 728 meters. Almost one hundred more than previous.

As you can see record were achieved flying TelloFPV app

View attachment 2950

I'll publish a full video review as soon as possible.

Raul.

Hi,

Is it technically possible to do an automated RTH on loosing the wifi signal ?

thx

-mike

Tried to map
Hi,

Is it technically possible to do an automated RTH on loosing the wifi signal ?

thx

-mike
Might be possible but not a good idea IMO. What if you are on the other side of a building etc...?

....I see, what do you think about a RTH when Wifi Level drops under, let's say 5% ?
Discussed this a few times, the essence is:
You circle a tree, and at other side Wifi drops below 10db => RTH crashes straight into the tree
You fly indoors into another room. Mom turns on the microwave => wifi interference => RTH => drone crashed into the next wall

RTH is useful when you get lost in a distance, and video feed has turned into garbage.

I´ve been testing TelloFPV 0.99d P

There are no words!
Fantastic is not enough!

VR:
I previously tested another app. My decission was to throw away my 20 u$ VR googles...

But, with the confidence we have on Volate!lo, I have decided to put on again those googles...
Excellent VR experience!
I don´t know if it is for default that Tello was in Sport mode, and I didn´t remember which button togles that...
But Mr. Volate!lo designed the Rate Limit function that I use a lot, and that was the solution.

Pano 360°:
tested indoors, Perfect!!!, and at

windy outdoors: Can´t ask for more!!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218478943423919&set=a.1741454495229&type=3&theater

For sure, Tello is far a better drone thanks to this app!

Reactions: xcrost
FPV is working great! During one flight the video became very unstable due to interference most likely caused by the T1d mixed with the normal interference I get around here. I simply pressed the "pair" button on the controller. The T1d disconnected, the video cleared and then it re-connected automatically (thanks to TelloFPV). All was good and this "reset" only took about 3-4 seconds!!! Awesome! Next up sunset Pano!

Yes! The moment I have been waiting for! Unfortunately we've had nothing but wind and rain here in the UK for the past 3 weeks, and now we have snow. So hopefully tomorrow, I can get out with the Tello and do some decent FPV flying. Will report back. :) Thank you Voletto!

Pano 360 sunset! I used 10 images stitched with Microsoft Image Composite Editor so I could tweak it some more. Bimostitch works great if the photos are more level but there was some wind. You can easily see the difference. Thank you AGAIN Volate!lo. You have got my creative juices flowing again! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Apparently the forum doesn't like the windows created file? Sorry, I am new at this.

Attachments

• Pano_360_Sunset.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
Reactions: volate!lo
....I see, what do you think about a RTH when Wifi Level drops under, let's say 5% ?
I know its a discussion like between Android and IOs, but I like the Idea of RTH by Low power.
When its possible, Why Not? Its on the User to activate or deactivate this Option, so its not your fault if they/we/I loose the Tello.
Simple give the Option in RTH settings, Let they have fun.
But thats just my opinion.

Automatic RTH on low battery requires a lot more HP than anyone asking for it for Tello realizes.

GPS
Compass
Intelligent battery
More computer processing power
Much stronger battery and motors so it can rise above obstacles and still buck the wind on the way back

Sounds a lot like a Phantom or Mavic, eh? And even a Phantom can't retrace its flight path... in RTH, it comes back in a straight line, after it rises to the attitude that you set.

If you want advanced features you have to start with a platform that supports them.

I see that the upper piece is connected by 2 screws. If I remove them, the top piece comes out; however, isn't the micri-usb in your hand connected to a cable? How did you remove that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazyed