Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

V1.06 is Awesome. No complaints to report (that are under your control) lol. A couple of times the app was a little glitchy during startup i.e. after battery change. I would have to leave and go back in. One time it took a couple of tries. Different things would happen. The video would come up but the "Is Tello in Airplane mode" message remained or Tello just wasn't connecting at all. Very easy to restart with your app so this is easy to live with. Nothing is perfect. ...and don't break something more important trying to fix something trivial to me.lol;)its really no big deal. I thoroughly enjoy flying my Telllo now!

edit I also noticed Bluetooth must be turned on now?? I did not have to have it on until latest releases.

Last edited:
edit I also noticed Bluetooth must be turned on now?? I did not have to have it on until latest releases.
Recently there was a major change in the way the app handles all controllers. Maybe that has something to do with it?

What controller, T1d?

strange, nothing was changed in the way BLE controllers are looked up and connected. The changes were only about the buttons & axis configuration

VIDEO FILE CORRUPTION INTO TELLOFPV

Hi all,

I wanted to tell you I noticed some of my TelloFPV recorded videos saved into "\TelloFPV Videos" folder where corrupted and no playables. This issue happend to me from February 14.

I reviewed Screen captured video files through DU Recorder app and noticed file corruption happend when I exit TelloFPV app and forget pushing STOP recording button.

I had never worried about pushing STOP recording button as previous TelloFPV behaviour on exit used to be: first saving video file, second closing itself. See this old capture sequence from February 11,

TelloFPV old-style not-corrupting exiting mode:
save file issue tellofpv.jpg

I have to clarify when I'm speaking about pushing EXIT button I mean physical capacitive smartphone button:

galaxy a3 exit button.jpg

Anyone suffering this corrupting video files issue or just me ?

@volate!lo, Is there a change into TelloFPV exiting app behaviour or is this an issue related to my specific Android version/smartphone model ?

This is not a serious issue once you get used to stopping recording before leaving app, but I prefer old TelloFPV autosave behaviour previous February 14.

All the best.

Raul
-------

Last edited:
Is there a change into TelloFPV exiting app behaviour or it's a issue related to my specific Android version/smartphone model ?
That's not specific for your smartphone. If you forget to stop recording, the video is defect or completely not saved. :unsure:

but I prefer old TelloFPV autosave behaviour previous February 14.
Good idea. That's a new topic on @volate!lo 's list - in case that's not already there. :)(y)

Edit:
Another case comes in my mind. The videos wasn't saved when you switch off the Tello. Could it be, that you mistook that?
In this case there was no change in the app.

Last edited:
Another case comes in my mind. The videos wasn't saved when you switch off the Tello. Could it be, that you mistook that?
In this case there was no change in the app.

It's not the case. I always swith off Tello AFTER exiting TelloFPV. I double checked that into DU Recorder Screen Captured Videos.

Last edited:
I have a question.
If i set, as for long range, both frame and bitrate lowest... It will cause low quality foto or this worst performance it's only on video mode?

I have a question.
If i set, as for long range, both frame and bitrate lowest... It will cause low quality foto or this worst performance it's only on video mode?

I'm pretty sure Video and Photo quality are totally isolated one from another. In fact, they have a different settings pannel into TelloFPV.

Cheers.

So could be a good idea so take foto from distance... (y)
Be aware taking photos from distance / bad WIFI signal. As photo transfer waste a lot of bandwith it may happens it takes up to two minutes to download. During this time live video quality will be worse and you can get confused about Tello attitude and position. Take into account you can't cancel photo download process. It happend me sometimes. My advise: always think it over before taking a picture ;)

Reactions: xcrost
VIDEO FILE CORRUPTION INTO TELLOFPV

Hi all,

I wanted to tell you I noticed some of my TelloFPV recorded videos saved into "\TelloFPV Videos" folder where corrupted and no playables. This issue happend to me from February 14.

I reviewed Screen captured video files through DU Recorder app and noticed file corruption happend when I exit TelloFPV app and forget pushing STOP recording button.

I had never worried about pushing STOP recording button as previous TelloFPV behaviour on exit used to be: first saving video file, second closing itself. See this old capture sequence from February 11,

TelloFPV old-style not-corrupting exiting mode:
View attachment 3285

I have to clarify when I'm speaking about pushing EXIT button I mean physical capacitive smartphone button:

View attachment 3286

Anyone suffering this corrupting video files issue or just me ?

@volate!lo, Is there a change into TelloFPV exiting app behaviour or is this an issue related to my specific Android version/smartphone model ?

This is not a serious issue once you get used to stopping recording before leaving app, but I prefer old TelloFPV autosave behaviour previous February 14.

All the best.

Raul
-------
I will check this. I changed a few things in that area, and maybe the video write now longer has enough time to do it's cleanup before its forced to exit.

I have a question.
What Raul said. Completely isolated, but Tello doesn't throttle picture transfer so it blocks most of the bandwidth

Yesterday I was flying very close to high tension lines, with strong Wi-Fi interference, since the footbal field is in that place, I made some shots to my son playing, as it says raul it's not a good idea to take photos with Wi-Fi2019-02-21 16-40-24_level.jpg2019-02-21 16-40-24_level.jpg interference, I lost I completed the tello control until I finished downloading the photo, those 30 seconds were transformed in about 1 hour :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yesterday I was flying very close to high tension lines, with strong Wi-Fi interference, since the footbal field is in that place, I made some shots to my son playing, as it says raul it's not a good idea to take photos with Wi-FiView attachment 3287View attachment 3287 interference, I lost I completed the tello control until I finished downloading the photo, those 30 seconds were transformed in about 1 hour :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Maybe is there any way to manually cancel photo download ?

Reactions: xcrost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv