Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Ok, I understand. Thank you for the answers. I know you are very busy. Your application is great.:)(y)

Ooops, I forgot one thing you can try: There is a secret way to decrease the bitrate for the screen recording.

1) Open menu => about
2) 3x tap the "Credits ..." section
3) enter "s:scrmbps=1"

This will set bitrate to 1Mbps. To return to default setting follow the same but "s:scrmbps=2" for 2Mbps.
Also you may reduce your video bitrate in the video settings to 1 or 2 Mbps.

If that does not help your phone just isn't capable of running multiple encoders at once.

What phone model is this and what is the display resolution of this phone?

My phone - Samsung J3-6. After changing to 1, no changes. When I turn on screenrecorder and then tello video is a broken tello video file. When I enable tello video and then screenrecorder is a broken screenrecorder file.

OK, so this phone really only supports on encoder at a time.
Have you tried to record Tello video and record the screen with DURecorder app?

I installed Durecorder. It works the same. Only saves one file correctly. It's the fault of a weak phone. You were 100 percent correct. Thank you again .

I installed Durecorder. It works the same. Only saves one file correctly. It's the fault of a weak phone. You were 100 percent correct. Thank you again .
Phone manufacturers have to pay royalties for encoders. The more capable an encoder, the more expensive it is.
So cheaper phones have fewer encoder capabilities, nothing we can do.

Wow... for all of us in the peanut gallery that was a great lesson in how to troubleshoot a problem (posts 2087 - 2098)
  • Problem stated
  • Questions asked
  • Questions answered
  • Resolution and explanation, all in about 6 hours
  • Everyone happy ( except andboga, who now wants a new phone :))
Folks, it don't get no better!

Reactions: xcrost
Wow... for all of us in the peanut gallery that was a great lesson in how to troubleshoot a problem (posts 2087 - 2098)
  • Problem stated
  • Questions asked
  • Questions answered
  • Resolution and explanation, all in about 6 hours
  • Everyone happy ( except andboga, who now wants a new phone :))
Folks, it don't get no better!
This could have been handled much clearer and quicker, but I am currently focussed on fixing a tiny bug in the permission handling. Just released 1.14a including a fix.
Next few days is family weekend, so not much to expect from my side. Have fun !

Reactions: xcrost
Would it make any sense to add a burst photo capability? Given that the Tello could be moving when you take a photo perhaps this would help ensure that you get a decent image.

I guess this might not help given how long it takes to download an image. Maybe one day when Tello has an SD card.

Last edited:
Would it make any sense to add a burst photo capability? Given that the Tello could be moving when you take a photo perhaps this would help ensure that you get a decent image.

I guess this might not help given how long it takes to download an image. Maybe one day when Tello has an SD card.
tello can take only one photo at a time, download it, then take the next. So minimum time between photos for a burst is the download time, which can be anything from 4seconds to over a minute. Not exactly a photo burst mode...

• Haha
Reactions: raulvolador

For your information, my phone (Samgung Galaxy A3 running LineageOS) can record Tello live video and Screenrecorder at the same time without problems.

But when accidentally I tried adding DURecorder the three video files were corrupted and unplayables.

Every phone has its limits ;)

Raul.

For your information, my phone (Samgung Galaxy A3 running LineageOS) can record Tello live video and Screenrecorder at the same time without problems.

But when accidentally I tried adding DURecorder the three video files were corrupted and unplayables.

Every phone has its limits ;)

Raul.
I have yet to test this on my Samsung Note 3 Neo that I use exclusively for Tello ...

v1.14P Headless mode works but no longer shows the drone orientation in the righthand stick.

Also, if I land and let the drone sit for a couple of minutes, I am getting"Overheated, shutting down!" requiring a restart

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv