Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Hi, I am keen to use my Tello with your app on my Moverio BT-300 glasses. Is there a way to do this. For info they are Android 5.0 but not certified by Google so really difficult to use Playstore. Also because they are touchpad, then I have to use the Gamesir controller.

@volate!lo,

I can confirm you during yesterday flight session "Level" folder was created again. As said, I'm sure "Rotate and Crop to Level" photo setting is OFF. It's curious than non-level folder has five shoots but level folder only has four ones.

Cheers.

View attachment 4573

Yesterday I succefully tested 1.15d on the flying field.

I'm very glad "_level" folder issue is solved. No more duplicated folders during photo Pano autopilot execution.

Good job, @volate!lo !

Raul.

Hi,
I experience a phenomenon with the newer versions of the TelloFPV App when trying to load my Tello-recorded Videos into Vegas Video Editor. Until a couple of months ago it always went fine, means when I loaded a file I got a video track and an audio track.
But starting around mid of June 2019, when I now open the mp4 files recorded with newer versions of TelloFPV, I now only get an audio track in Vegas and no Video. In VLC it plays normally and also other video editors don't have this issue, but to edit it with Vegas I now always first need to process the video file for example with Handbrake to a new mp4 file which I then can open properly again in Vegas.
Any idea what causes this and how it can be fixed?
Best regards

Last edited:
Hi,
I experience a phenomenon with the newer versions of the TelloFPV App when trying to load my Tello-recorded Videos into Vegas Video Editor. Until a couple of months ago it always went fine, means when I loaded a file I got a video track and an audio track.
But starting around mid of June 2019, when I now open the mp4 files recorded with newer versions of TelloFPV, I now only get an audio track in Vegas and no Video. In VLC it plays normally and also other video editors don't have this issue, but to edit it with Vegas I now always first need to process the video file for example with Handbrake to a new mp4 file which I then can open properly again in Vegas.
Any idea what causes this and how it can be fixed?
Best regards
No idea. I guess its something with the non-VCLs. I added this investigation to the todo list

Hello, Volatello

Yesterday, after a long time, trying to fly Tello,then update to Tello FPV 1.5d.
I confuse the following problems have occurred:

1. The main controller(Gamesir T1s with OTG cable) registration was canceled.

2. Gamesir T1s only recognized as Microsoft X Box 360.
I registered as Microsoft X Box 360 and confirmed that it works,but the mapping was cleared.

3. When trying to map, the button display changes as follows.

R2 AXIS_GAS
L2 AXIS_BRAKE
SELECT ID 4
D Pad UP AXIS_HAT_Y-
D Pad DOWN AXIS_HAT_Y +
D Pad RIGHT AXIS_HAT_X +
D Pad LEFT AXIS_HAT_X-

There is no functional problem, but the display has changed. It make very difficult to use. I would like you to improve it.

Second, when will the AEB function be offered?

thank you.

Hi @volate!lo ,

I know TelloFPV is an excellent and finished product.

But, are there any plans on future upgrades/modifications ?

Raul
Well, as you said TelloFpv is pretty much a finished mature product, but i still have a couple of ideas its mostly small things, and I will slot them in when I have time.

Hello, Volatello

Yesterday, after a long time, trying to fly Tello,then update to Tello FPV 1.5d.
I confuse the following problems have occurred:

1. The main controller(Gamesir T1s with OTG cable) registration was canceled.

2. Gamesir T1s only recognized as Microsoft X Box 360.
I registered as Microsoft X Box 360 and confirmed that it works,but the mapping was cleared.

3. When trying to map, the button display changes as follows.

R2 AXIS_GAS
L2 AXIS_BRAKE
SELECT ID 4
D Pad UP AXIS_HAT_Y-
D Pad DOWN AXIS_HAT_Y +
D Pad RIGHT AXIS_HAT_X +
D Pad LEFT AXIS_HAT_X-

There is no functional problem, but the display has changed. It make very difficult to use. I would like you to improve it.

Second, when will the AEB function be offered?

thank you.
This has nothing to do with the app, but only the controller.
T1s supports several different connection modes. Check gamesir website regarding the different connection modes the T1s supports.
For some reason your controller is now using a different connection mode than it used before. Seems it lost its memory. If the controller used the same connection mode as before nothing would have changed.

AEB doesn't work with photo downloads taking 20+ seconds typically. Also there is no way of knowing the current EV if the camera is on EV auto mode, so it could only work in EV manual mode which is a nuisance in itself.

Reactions: raulvolador
This has nothing to do with the app, but only the controller.
T1s supports several different connection modes. Check gamesir website regarding the different connection modes the T1s supports.
For some reason your controller is now using a different connection mode than it used before. Seems it lost its memory. If the controller used the same connection mode as before nothing would have changed.

AEB doesn't work with photo downloads taking 20+ seconds typically. Also there is no way of knowing the current EV if the camera is on EV auto mode, so it could only work in EV manual mode which is a nuisance in itself.

Thank you for your quick reply.

When I connected Gamesir T1s to the PC, it seems that the connection settings for Gamesir T1s have been changed to Xinput. I changed the connection settings to Androidni and successfully recognized Gamesir T1 with Tello FPV.

I was expecting to provide AEB function in your TODO LIST.
If it is a restriction of the Tello function, there is no help for it.

Probably 99% of all users use EV auto. SinceTello does not report what EV setting "Auto" currently is, I have no reference point. So AEB can't be used with auto but only with manual EV setting (which almost nobody uses). But that alone would not be an issue, as it could still be helpful for those willing to use manual EV mode.

But photo downloads take anywhere between seconds and 2 minutes depending on wifi link quality. An AEB set consisting of 3 photos would typically take 30-60 seconds at close range, and a 5 photo AEB set would be around 1-2 minutes. For a long distance / high altitude AEB set of 5 photos we are talking about at least 4 minutes.
Far too slow to be useful.

Thats the way it is with Todo lists ;-( While a good idea initially it turns out that this just doesn't work with Tello. Its another reason why I hope that there will be a Tello 2 with SD card or onboard memory.

Reactions: raulvolador
Does anyone have a link to the the latest manual, i cannot Print from my phone, please help, there is no link anywhere i can find.

if the app is written in Java, it shouldn't be too difficult to port over to iOS. I use Android anyway, but I facilitate a drone workshop (club inside a computer club), where two of us own a Tello. Some of the members use iOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv