Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I was aware that backup of files is possible and that a full license check (that is 2 checks a couple of hours apart) would be required to overwrite an invalid local license. I am also aware of the play store integrity check but this isn't visible to users.
It takes only ms, and is finished before the dialog is shown to the user - at least I haven't received feedback about it and I don't see it on my phones. My phones are much slower than yours so it must be something about the play store of your particular device.
So I'm sorry but I never considered this to be an issue.

Even if it's a minor issue I don't think it's correct your statement to don't consider it as an issue..

I paid for the license.. so independently from the phone model.. you should support all models.. unless you want to make a phone compatibility list which afaik doesn't exist for your app

Am I wrong?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio Note20 Ultra 5G utilizzando Tapatalk

Such a list exists, as part of the play store listing. All phones marked as incompatible can't purchase or download the app.
Currently all Chromebook and 2 or 3 cheap Chinese phones are excluded, after users reported problems.
If you think this is an issue I can add your phone model to the list.

There are over 20.000 different phone models on the market. No developer tries to make an app work on all - that would cause insane efforts and complexities. If it works on those phones that make up 99% of the major markets it's more than good enough.

I heard because of to many illegal sharing/using.
Thanks for your reply! Interesting :) And how does it help against theft? The Russian forums are full of broken copies.
I do not use unlicensed software, and, unfortunately, I will not be able to use this program :(

Thanks for your reply! Interesting :) And how does it help against theft? The Russian forums are full of broken copies.
I do not use unlicensed software, and, unfortunately, I will not be able to use this program :(
Yes, its too bad that many people cant use this because of the abusing of a few Users.

The app is simply not sold in several countries, including Russia.

I tried several times to sell the app in Russia. My experience:
Russia means microscopic small revenue about the size of Venezuela, 40% of purchases are refunded after 1 minute to get the APK for free, pirates from Russians (and Ukraine) are always the first to crack and spread illegal copies globally, numerous negative reviews for not localizing the app for a tiny market.
And best of all: Tons of bold, rude, threatening service requests for illegal copies ! Very popular theme: Give me a free promo code or I'll buy and give you a bad review.

Sorry for honest individuals but these countries are permanently blocked. I don't need that sort of "business". I don't provide any manual workarounds.

Yes, its too bad that many people cant use this because of the abusing of a few Users.
Globally it used to be about 30% illegal copies with several countries over 60% illegal copies. Then suddenly all cracked APKs magically started to misbehave.

I'd strongly suggest to not use pirate APKs. Anyone who does should kindly contact the pirate in case of a lost / crashed drone as any modified APK is not my business.

Sorry for honest individuals but these countries are permanently blocked. I don't need that sort of "business". I don't provide any manual workarounds.
Thanks for this good explanation. I understand your position and motivation, I don't bother you anymore.

P.S.: Another kick in the ***, showing that it is necessary to change the country of residence.

Last edited:
TelloFPV is the best app that was programmed for Tello, for us and "Ryze Robotics" and that at a great price.
Better in function, operation and control than other apps for expensive drones.
Don't be so humble, Mr. volate!lo and please keep on doing this, despite the scornful hacking.

Best regards from the country BB

OP, is this app still under development? I see the updates/new features have settled down.
I don't suppose there's much more to add? It seems perfect as is but new features are always fun to mess around with.

Its pretty much feature complete and there havent been any bugs reported that I can reproduce.
So it's mostly a finished product.

Of course some people still have ideas, but i only add what i consider useful for a good part of the userbase. It just doesn't make sense to clutter the interface for all just to add some special feature for one or two people.

That said there currently is a public beta In play store that adds a distance limit (geofence) so people don't have to be afraid when handing the controls to kids.

Reactions: Bruchpilot
Menu control by stick & button for the main Autopilot menu makes sense, sorry but I just forgot that one.

This idea was mentioned last somewhat in january 2020 I think, but as you say the app is more or less complete, did this feature make it in one of the final releases?

I have recently bought the app for Android, however I'm not able to see the vGPS compass button everybody talks about, am I missing something?

maybe it's only available once you take off.

Thanks in advanced

I missing something?

maybe it's only available once you take off.
Yes. There is a manual included with the app in the top left drop down menu. It needs a PDF viewer on the device but mine has several by default.

Reactions: eRob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv