Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app version IOS

Same problem - Tello app freezes when stop recording video. Got it to work OK once, but froze every other time.
iPhone XS running iOS 12.1.1

Just purchased a Tello today and had same problem with video freeze with an iPhone XS Max. Only short term workaround I have found, besides turning off the location services, is to land the drone first and then stopping recording.

iPhone XS Max running 12.1.1

Looks like latest firmware version 01.04.78.01 fixes the video freeze problem.
Updated the firmware and took half a dozen videos - no freeze.
Landed and restarted Tello again and took a couple of more - no problems.
Tried doing a 360 from Flight modes and that was successful.
Running on iPhone 5S with 12.1.1 - Location services off for Tello. Airplane mode Off.

Can anyone else confirm?

Last edited:
Sadly firmware 01.04.78.01 doesn’t seem to fix it on an iPhone Xs iOS 12.1, App 1.1.14
Records one video, second one crashes on stop — with location services off :-(

After setting Mi WiFi repeater and trying video while using repeater it still freezes.
It now also freezes without the repeater.
Will try and reset everything, Tello, Tello app and WiFi connection,
and see if I can duplicate yesterday's success.
Maybe it has to do with Mi Repeater needing a password and changing name of Tello WiFi name?

Haven't tried taking video yet, but new app version or firmware (not sure which) has added a height limit setting. This was previously missing from the iOS app (but present in the Android version). This now lets you set your height limit, maxing out at 99 feet/33 meters.

Reset Tello and it will now save videos. Also connected to T1D controller and also OK.
Looks like it may still be an issue with the Mi WiFi extender.
Will test again after charging batteries.

Set up for Mi WiFi repeater and videos freeze.
Without Mi WiFi repeater saves video no freeze.

Can anyone else confirm this.

Has anyone tried the new app update yet? Version 1.1.16
I’ve installed the latest Tello firmware and the new IOS app. Using my iPhone X that previously lost connection on a regular basis, it now looks like the problem has been fixed. I’ve been reluctant to post before now as with the bad weather I’ve had a limited opportunity to test it. I’ve now run 3 batteries flat indoors and tested various video/camera combinations and so far no problems. Worth the wait I would say.

Finally got a chance to try out the new IOS updates (both to the drone and the app) and it has worked much better. No more freezing of the app when turning the video off. Worked with and without the MI extender. Still a few dropped frames and the real time display froze breifly a couple of times, but the drone was controllable during the screen freeze.

Iphone 6, MI WiFi extender.

I have the same issue, exactly as described here. Seems to affect many users...I suspect an update must be eminent?

I have the same issue, exactly as described here. Seems to affect many users...I suspect an update must be eminent?
What App version are you on? I’ve an iPhone XS and video recording is consistently working for me after the app update.
App 1.1.16
Firmware 1.04.78.01
iPhone XS iOS 12.1.1

You might need to go into the App Store and refresh a few times — says the app was posted 3 days ago but update only appeared for me last night. ?

I updated the App and it is working perfectly now. Thanks for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv