Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Firmware for Tello (01.04.88.01)

yes, first connect. Background (my guess): Telleo originally was only capable of 10m.

Only more recent firmware added support for 30m. So Tello App has to be connected to first check if you have a recent firmware, and then it unlocks the 30m

Reactions: Duncan and Domikk
Thank You! I will try it today.

And I still didnt donwload Your app, but I promes I do this when I back to my country? ?

Ryan corrected himself. Normal tello was in fact changed.

Greeting from Ryze Support,

We receive that your asking with the different of firmware of the normal tello and Tello Edu aircraft and. We do apologize with the confusion of those information according to our developer those two drone have difference firmware version for our tello edu aircraft version is V02.04.82.01 and the enhance before is to fix the bug however it was the previous update still up to now where still waiting for new update from our Developer and for the normal tello there is a new update version of firmware V01.04.88.01 the enhancement with this new update is for the optimized aircraft performance.

I hope this information help you alot

Thank you very much!

Reactions: Flydrone
Had a few flights today. Very windy but it stayed stable and could even hold position in video mode. I saw someone make a mention that it seems to stop faster in sport mode and I think I'm going to share that sentiment.

Is the update firmware 01 02 88 01 also for the TelloFPV appl.
leonav, surely you realize that the TelloFPV is NOT a product of Ryze. It is an app sold on the open market via the Play Store make by a 3rd party. So a Ryze update could not be for that app.

I received an email from RYZE. It shows that the 01.04.88.01 version optimizes the drone flight control system to ensure the stability of the drone, but does not modify the control sensitivity and other content!

I wonder if this new firmware addresses the error 203 problem that many of us have experienced?

Today I tried the new firmware and if it is not my impression, I find the flight of the Tello more reactive and stable.

I sent my Tello in for repair after getting the "Error 203". After getting it back it has been flying OK so I have not worried too much about error 203. Then this firmware 01.04.88.01 came through several days ago and I wondered if there might be a patch to help with the battery issue (error 203).

I just decided to do the update but before updating I checked the current firmware version I found it was at 01.04.78.01. But the most interesting part is the notes that are included. My version of 01.04.78.01 the notes said; 1) Optimize device connection; 2) Optimize the battery upgrade connection; 3) Optimize stability. "OPTIMIZE THE BATTERY UPGRADE CONNECTION" is what caught my eye. I went ahead and updated to the 01.04.88.01 and the release notes are slightly different but did not mention anything about the battery. So in my opinion Ryze has done something to help with error 203. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone else have firmware 01.04.78.01? If so do you know the release date? I forgot to jot it down before I updated to .88. I would suggest to do this update as soon as possible. If the update includes (and I'm sure it does) the OPTIMIZE THE BATTERY UPGRADE CONNECTION as in .78 it may save you a lot grief.

Can you try it yourself?

If you have "Error 203" it may be too late. Once the error occurred I only was able to get the drone to boot up one time. After that I could not get it to boot, even after trying 4 different batteries. I tried cooling the batteries but that also had no effect. I am hoping the new firmware addresses this problem so I would not hesitate updating.

One request: Could anyone save the 01.04.78.01 files? These should be in the folder android/data/com.ryzerobotics.tello/firmware und android/data/com.ryzerobotics.tello/fw_config
But only until you downloaded the latest firmware, afterwards they are gone

I'd like to try if we can downgrade (have a tello with a dead motor that I can use for experimenting)

One request: Could anyone save the 01.04.78.01 files? These should be in the folder android/data/com.ryzerobotics.tello/firmware und android/data/com.ryzerobotics.tello/fw_config

I'd like to try if we can downgrade (have a tello with a dead motor that I can use for experimenting)

Too late for me but I will check my grandson's Tello. I'm sure he has not yet updated anything yet. We are going camping this weekend and I will check his bird.

Reactions: volate!lo

I got it. Sending you right now

well received. Lets see what we can do with this.
Currently looking into setting the region, but so far no luck.

But where?? I must connect the Tello first? This photos where maded without connected Drone...
Yes, you need first connect the Tello aircraft with your smartphone. Then in settings (option "more") should appear that:

So, change the altitude limit. I advice you 30m like MAX vertical distance. And check always the signal icon of the telemetry.

Reactions: Domikk
Yes, you need first connect the Tello aircraft with your smartphone. Then in settings (option "more") should appear that:
View attachment 3651

So, change the altitude limit. I advice you 30m like MAX vertical distance. And check always the signal icon of the telemetry.
Thank You but I did it a few days ago ???

Hello 2 all! After i flashed the update, in two times the tello had lost connection to the smartphone controller yesterday. It stands still in the air and no reconnect was possible. In both cases i had to wait since the battery was empty and than it landed. Hasn`t there been a failsafe protection before, in case of loosing the connection and the drone lands immedately? Have had ugly feelings in that situation...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv