Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Flyer here! With questions!

xell

Reaction score
Heya!
Got my first drone. Picked up the Tello of of amazon and now i see that the EDU has a different firmware? I thought they were the same and didn't see an EDU version on DJI's official amazon store.
So can my tello not connect to my lan? That seems lame.
Do i return this one and buy the edu from the store instead of amazon?

It's pretty neat but the most important part is being able to code for it and mod it and if i can't do that... well.. bah.

Thanks! :)

Sorry I can’t answer you but
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

It's pretty neat but the most important part is being able to code for it and mod it and if i can't do that... well.. bah.
Hello!

Just to make sure it does not mislead anyone : You CAN connect directly from computer to regular (non edu) Tello through wifi.

Once this is setup you can toy with libs and exemples in several programing languages, like say Python or JS.

The Edu version (from my understanding; this isn't empirical) allows you to "swarm" control Tellos over LAN.

Reactions: xell
It sounds like i can't do "station" mode with it (which is annoying but okay) but only by connecting to the tello wifi with my computer which would remove me from the local network (not good). I can work on it via my PI i guess which has a wlan0 and a eth0 for connections while my PC only has eth0 ;)

Thanks!

Reactions: Rattydude77

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv