Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New iOS App Adds "Follow Me" to the Tello

Cool, this is the first video.

I already commented by email but maybe the points are of relevance for other people trying the app:

I can see that Tello's video stabilization doesn't work well for you. That badly affects the tracking ability so you have to fix this to get good results. You may have an older firmware so check for an update. And very important: If you used another app with Tello before always restart Tello before using TelloMe because some functions in the other apps can leave image stabilization partially off (just taking a photo in the Tello app is enough to kill the EIS, which is also the main reason why TelloMe doesn't have photo options).
For TelloMe to work well it's important that the image stabilization works flawlessly

Video glitches: Main reasons for all Tello video glitches is bluetooth. Make sure you switch off all bluetooth devices (camera, smart watch, ...), specifically turn off the BT of the Iphone and all background tasks. I use an old 6s and don't have any glitches at all, even without using a repeater.
Maybe also check out this thread:

Tello climbing on its own: If you activate altitude mode Tello tries to keep the center of the tracked person centered vertically. Since Tello camera is pointing slightly down Tello will climb if the object moves away, and get lower if you get closer.

Overall the tracking framerate is pretty low on your device, actually lower than my test device (an old 6s). Seems you have a lot of background apps running, or something else slows down your Phone. Maybe play with the power saving settings to reduce the background activities.

And lastly: You need better weather :)
Wind badly affects tracking ability, as Tello simply reacts differently to commands upwind than downwind. Also tracking against snow is pretty hard, the white background reduces the image of the tracked person to a dark shadow.

Cool, this is the first video.

I already commented by email but maybe the points are of relevance for other people trying the app:

I can see that Tello's video stabilization doesn't work well for you. That badly affects the tracking ability so you have to fix this to get good results. You may have an older firmware so check for an update. And very important: If you used another app with Tello before always restart Tello before using TelloMe because some functions in the other apps can leave image stabilization partially off (just taking a photo in the Tello app is enough to kill the EIS, which is also the main reason why TelloMe doesn't have photo options).
For TelloMe to work well it's important that the image stabilization works flawlessly

Video glitches: Main reasons for all Tello video glitches is bluetooth. Make sure you switch off all bluetooth devices (camera, smart watch, ...), specifically turn off the BT of the Iphone and all background tasks. I use an old 6s and don't have any glitches at all, even without using a repeater.
Maybe also check out this thread:

Tello climbing on its own: If you activate altitude mode Tello tries to keep the center of the tracked person centered vertically. Since Tello camera is pointing slightly down Tello will climb if the object moves away, and get lower if you get closer.

Overall the tracking framerate is pretty low on your device, actually lower than my test device (an old 6s). Seems you have a lot of background apps running, or something else slows down your Phone. Maybe play with the power saving settings to reduce the background activities.

And lastly: You need better weather :)
Wind badly affects tracking ability, as Tello simply reacts differently to commands upwind than downwind. Also tracking against snow is pretty hard, the white background reduces the image of the tracked person to a dark shadow.

Much better weather today so I'll be going out to test again with all of your tips in mind.

I use a iPhone X and it works fine. I haven’t switched Bluetooth off , and I don’t turn on airplane mode. I had no problems. But a breeze does affect it.

I think its mostly two things: First he has an apple watch, and second he uses an Iphone 6s (which is really the minimum that can do this, but if background tasks eat some CPU cycles this will quickly affect tracking quality)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv