Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New pilot from Australia

NateJay

Reaction score
Hey, new pilot here, Newcastle NSW Australia.

Bought a tello as my first drone, it’s been great fun so far, I’m pretty impressed by it. Looking to make some mods then progress to building my own drone.

I know I’ll be buying a wifi extender and some extra props but that tellofpv app is only available on Android, I guess my first major question for the pros would be, what’s the best iOS alternative to the stock tello app?

Long post already, my bad, thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• F8B79F60-ADDA-421B-8EAE-EBDA9FC905B4.jpeg
    F8B79F60-ADDA-421B-8EAE-EBDA9FC905B4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Hey, new pilot here, Newcastle NSW Australia.

Bought a tello as my first drone, it’s been great fun so far, I’m pretty impressed by it. Looking to make some mods then progress to building my own drone.

I know I’ll be buying a wifi extender and some extra props but that tellofpv app is only available on Android, I guess my first major question for the pros would be, what’s the best iOS alternative to the stock tello app?

Long post already, my bad, thanks in advance for your help
Sadly there is no alternative to the Tello app in iOS.

I second the post above, Also you can get xiaomi etender cheap from Chatswood sydney, they have a xiaomi department store. I think it is 12 dollars.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching.(y)

If there’s enough support, I might build an iOS tello app. The desktop one I’m building is almost complete (not accounting for machine vision and autonomy features). Also depends on what kind of features are wanted in the iOS version.

If there’s enough support, I might build an iOS tello app. The desktop one I’m building is almost complete (not accounting for machine vision and autonomy features). Also depends on what kind of features are wanted in the iOS version.
Why not partner with the developers of the android versions and port that to iOS. I know little to nothing about programming, but if the groundwork is done, it shouldn't be that hard to do the port. Right?

Why not partner with the developers of the android versions and port that to iOS. I know little to nothing about programming, but if the groundwork is done, it shouldn't be that hard to do the port. Right?

Android apps are programmed in Java/Kotlin where as iOS in ObjectiveC/Swift/Swift2. Porting would be effectively a rewrite from the ground up. The logic is straightforward anyway.

Reactions: Guorium and Ansia
Android apps are programmed in Java/Kotlin where as iOS in ObjectiveC/Swift/Swift2. Porting would be effectively a rewrite from the ground up. The logic is straightforward anyway.
Are you on official tello owner fb group? More people there. Im sure prople got heaps of ideas and support for you in there. There are people asking for better ios app there including me. Ryze seems to be fairly incompetent at making the stock app function properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv