Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Pilot in Niagara

Jimmy5

Reaction score
Been interested for a while - now a Tello owner (since Christmas Day).
Already identified need for controller cos of my fat-thumbs!
Great looking forum.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Niagara as in Niagara Falls? Cool!
I read its illegal to fly drones there, but I hope that does not apply to 80gr toys? Just be careful when flying near the falls. Tello's VPS will switch off due to being confused from all the water and spray. THat can initiate an automatic landing and Tello goes down the drain.

Regarding big thumbs: If you run Android have a look at TelloFpv (check the free demo first!). It has onscreen joystick with configurable dimensions and can accommodate big thumbs if you have a tablet. Not so much with a phone. Make sure to add some deadzone on all axis (to reduce unwanted input) and reduce rate for yaw. Maybe set some expo for yaw as well.

If you decide you want a controller: Someone made a compatibility spreadsheet you can check to see which apps work with certain types of controllers. Not all are made equal
That spreadsheet should become a sticky / pinned post in some forum.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983
Thanks for the welcome.....

Niagara as in Niagara Falls? Cool!
I read its illegal to fly drones there, but I hope that does not apply to 80gr toys? Just be careful when flying near the falls. Tello's VPS will switch off due to being confused from all the water and spray. THat can initiate an automatic landing and Tello goes down the drain.

Regarding big thumbs: If you run Android have a look at TelloFpv (check the free demo first!). It has onscreen joystick with configurable dimensions and can accommodate big thumbs if you have a tablet. Not so much with a phone. Make sure to add some deadzone on all axis (to reduce unwanted input) and reduce rate for yaw. Maybe set some expo for yaw as well.

If you decide you want a controller: Someone made a compatibility spreadsheet you can check to see which apps work with certain types of controllers. Not all are made equal
That spreadsheet should become a sticky / pinned post in some forum.

Thanks for your response.....not surprised about the ban on drones, there are so many tourist helicopters and light aircraft in the area.....appreciate your input on controllers too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv