Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Tello Coming

You can do faceial & gesture stuff with the original Tello Edu in the same way. You just need to know how. This hasn't changed.

But the new one has a few cool changes in the SDK giving more control over video feed and supports large scale mission pads (like several meters large)

Saw these links in a couple of different places. Doesn't seem to be a way to buy one yet.
DJI releases more powerful Robomaster Tello Talent Drone - DroneDJ
RoboMaster TT - DJI
This new Tello has been out for awhile. it is not being sold in the USA, and the manual is only in Chinese. They a so are selling an extension kit to upgrade the older version Tello EDU. We have few of this kits, and may be willing to work with someone with the skills to use it. i.e. p0rgram with Arduino, etc. We are now working with a company Makerfire that has a similar EDU drone called LiteBee Wing and LiteBeeWing FM , but superior in many ways., especially for formation flying ( up to 10 drones ) You can find several of our videos on it on Youtube channel MECATX to include an unboxing.. Will attach a video file of the Tello Talent. DJI bought out RYZE, and is pairing the Tello TT with it's Robot, Robomaster. so support for the original Tello's is probably gone.

The Tello Talent extension kit
The LiteBee wing

The Tello Talent documentation is available in plain english, at least I read the new SDK documentation yesterday.

They added quite a few things to the SDK, making the drone a bit more useful. Like large scale mission pads (5x5 meters) for better positioning. It seems that this is also an update for the Tello EDU, at least they keep referencing both the EDU and the TT in this context.

I don't think DJI bought out Ryze. Ryze never existed as a real company, it has always been just a letterbox in a DJI building. At least all paperwork I have ever seen indicates this (same names on FCC and patent files)

Reactions: Mike Shock
The Tello Talent documentation is available in plain english, at least I read the new SDK documentation yesterday.

They added quite a few things to the SDK, making the drone a bit more useful. Like large scale mission pads (5x5 meters) for better positioning. It seems that this is also an update for the Tello EDU, at least they keep referencing both the EDU and the TT in this context.

I don't think DJI bought out Ryze. Ryze never existed as a real company, it has always been just a letterbox in a DJI building. At least all paperwork I have ever seen indicates this (same names on FCC and patent files)
Thank you for the quick reply. is it being sold in the USA? Can you send a link to the English version of the manual. You are probably right about RYZE, but they seemed to ahve a better vision of the micro- drone market than DJI. We like the LibeBee Wing and LiteBee wing FM in that it uses Aruco markers rather than the mission pads. They have one that is 5 x 5 meters with many numbered markers. We do have one of the DJI large scale 5 x 5 mission pads. Aruco or similar markers can be printed and preproduced with ease as compared with the DJI mission pads. The DJI mission pads were more for the kids in a space theme. These large pads are being called carpets. We are learning to produce them in various sizes and materials, such as shower curtain and banner material for customized uses. you can see several videos' of these also on Youtube channel mecatx. Thank you for the dialog. Where re you located?

Thank you for the quick reply. is it being sold in the USA? Can you send a link to the English version of the manual. You are probably right about RYZE, but they seemed to ahve a better vision of the micro- drone market than DJI. We like the LibeBee Wing and LiteBee wing FM in that it uses Aruco markers rather than the mission pads. They have one that is 5 x 5 meters with many numbered markers. We do have one of the DJI large scale 5 x 5 mission pads. Aruco or similar markers can be printed and preproduced with ease as compared with the DJI mission pads. The DJI mission pads were more for the kids in a space theme. These large pads are being called carpets. We are learning to produce them in various sizes and materials, such as shower curtain and banner material for customized uses. you can see several videos' of these also on Youtube channel mecatx. Thank you for the dialog. Where re you located?

The new batch of announcements suggests that there will be new marketing focus areas for the TT version. Perhaps Amazon will even sell it eventually. I will buy one if they become available in the US.

You can find all TT amunals in english here:

I am located in germany. I haven't seen anything about the Tello Talent locally yet

Since you have already have your hands on the Tello Talent I have a couple of questions:
How well do the large scale mission maps / carpets work? Can tello recognize mission maps if the view to some parts of it is blocked ?

The Tello Talent documents include an SDK 3.0, which includes commands for different video resolutions, framerate, bitrates. Could be interesting.
Some documents mention that some functions work only for Tello Talent and Tello EDU supporting SDK 3.0. Have you ever tried SDK 3.0 on the current EDU models?

The documents mention that the expansion module has a dual 2.4/5.8 Ghz transmitter. This sounds like it can use 2.4gHz to talk to Tello, and 5.ghz to talk to the controlling PC or access point. This could make video transmission much more robust as the 5.8ghz isn't affected by bluetooth.

If I understand correctly the ESP plays man-in-the-middle.
So a remote app sends its commands to the ESP (using 5.8ghz) , which then forwards these to tello (using 2.4ghz or the usb isn't exactly clear to me).
Some documents speak about offline programming capability, so it seems tello can perform autonomous missions with the ESP being the controller.
Here is all documentation available:

Overall too complicated & expensive for the larger consumer market @260€ . Only good for well funded STEM courses.

The new batch of announcements suggests that there will be new marketing focus areas for the TT version. Perhaps Amazon will even sell it eventually. I will buy one if they become available in the US.
I did just receive a pair of Tello TT's delivered to the US from DJI's online store. I plan to use them in a university course I am teaching on the Internet of Things. Took about 2 weeks from order to delivery via DHL.

Hello At the start of this year, we were connecting with a startup company. We receive this flight map with the Tello's and software. Unfortunately, some of the technology did not work here. The Tello's serial numbers hade to be put on a server in china. The software was on a smart phone with complex methodology. We finally gave up on as we found the LiteBee Wing FM and a staff willing to teach and help us do swarm/formation flying with ease. you can see some of our videos on Youtube channel MECATX it is far superior to the Tello in many ways. We still ahve 12 Tello's but gave up using them for formation. Related tot he dJI pad, we cannot find anyone willing to communicate with us. Neither DJI, or Drone 65. So we presume they do not want it used in the USA. there are other flight pads available, and devices such as QR codes, and arUco markers, and April markers. Demands some knowledge of CV2. We also have a video of some of these pads. We are watching another company Robolink, with this technology of AI, computer vision etc. They started with drones, but now have their best technology in a sULV called ZUMI. They also have a pad for this land vehicle. They used a small a tiny Raspberry Pi Zero., and a small displays the displays the QR text that is read. We are thinking abut modifying this for drones. you can communicate with me at [email protected].

Since you have already have your hands on the Tello Talent I have a couple of questions:
How well do the large scale mission maps / carpets work? Can tello recognize mission maps if the view to some parts of it is blocked ?

The Tello Talent documents include an SDK 3.0, which includes commands for different video resolutions, framerate, bitrates. Could be interesting.
Some documents mention that some functions work only for Tello Talent and Tello EDU supporting SDK 3.0. Have you ever tried SDK 3.0 on the current EDU models?

The documents mention that the expansion module has a dual 2.4/5.8 Ghz transmitter. This sounds like it can use 2.4gHz to talk to Tello, and 5.ghz to talk to the controlling PC or access point. This could make video transmission much more robust as the 5.8ghz isn't affected by bluetooth.

Sorry, i am just reading this. Our experience is very limited, as we can not get nay assistance form DJI or drone 65 on the use of the flight pad. it appears they do not want it used in the USA. Therefore we have switch to the Makerfire LiteBee Wing FM. and have done well since starting with them in January. A young company with a creative staff.. I will attach a simulation program of four drones dancing in a light show to our recorded audio version of Jingle Bells. ( our musicians and our singer ) In this simulation you do not hear the audio tract. We ahve not found the way to use 5.8 Hz. also ahve not done much with an Arduino and the extensions yet, as the best software for that is not in English. You are right, swarm/formation flying is not for a single user. it demands a fair amount of time effort and money! Therefore it is mostly for organizations We do like the Tello EDU app and are learning t use it in parts, such as the QR code reader. As expected the swarm flying has not worked for us. That is a complex subject due to the WIFi protocols, and they do not seem to a good solution compared with other companies I hope this helps some, even a little late. Please keep in touch as we do much of the same type of thinking. .

Hello At the start of this year, we were connecting with a startup company. We receive this flight map with the Tello's and software. Unfortunately, some of the technology did not work here. The Tello's serial numbers hade to be put on a server in china. The software was on a smart phone with complex methodology.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sounds like you are talking about some specialized software from that "startup company"?

From the "Mission Pad and Flight Map Guide", I linked above, it looks like you simply use mission pad ID 12 for the large pad (I assume, the 3x3 meter pad). It requires latest EDU firmware enabling SDK 3.0. The commands (go, curve, jump etc.) still are the same and you just have more space in the x, y, z coordinate system.

If you have got such a flight pad, can you please share a photo (as perpendicular as possible above the center of the map)?

there are other flight pads available, and devices such as QR codes, and arUco markers, and April markers. Demands some knowledge of CV2.

As you can see from my signature, I am familiar with OpenCV and AI.

But using the LittleBee Wing FM with other kinds of markers means, all of the formation drones need to share video streams of their downward facing camera (does it have that?) and your formation control software needs to interpret that number of streams in parallel. High requirements regarding bandwidth and computing power...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv