Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Tello won't show up in WiFi list

Loodakl

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a new Tello drone, I charged the battery until it was full (solid blue light). When I power it on, it changes a few colors then it starts blinking yellow. I go to the WiFi settings and there is no Tello detected there.

I tried to restart it by holding the button for 8-10 seconds, then it restarted and started flashing yellow again, but Tello is not detected in WiFi.

When I hold the power button for 5 seconds when the drone is powered off, it starts to flash red slowly and only then it IS detected in WiFi and I can connect. Then I open the app, the app says Connected but there is no live feed from the camera or information about the battery, and the wifi logo is white (that means connected I guess but it doesn't communicate with it).
The light stays flashing red slowly even though I am "connected" to the drone.

Any help is appreciated.

I read if you have problems to open the app first then connect to the TELLO when prompted as it can be better frame rates, maybe it could fix this. Not heard of this before.

Do you get the same problems with TELLOfpv. (There is a free demo to try out first):

I read if you have problems to open the app first then connect to the TELLO when prompted as it can be better frame rates, maybe it could fix this. Not heard of this before.

I would suggest you to try those steps from Customerx, but before that, try these steps (step 1 to 3) and then continue:
1. Make sure your Tello is turned off
2. Turn on Airplane mode in your iPhone
3. Turn on Wifi
4. Continue with Customerx steps (open the Tello App)
5. Once you got the welcome screen "How To Connect" with the "Connect Tello" blue button on the bottom right, turn on your Tello
6. The app should automatically bring you to the Settings app and you can find your way to the Wifi setting.

I'm using iPhone 6 and never found that issue like yours.

One other possibility is about the Tello Wifi setting, did you change the default Wifi Setting? I mean the SSID which originally written inside the battery slot of your Tello. If yes you changed it, try to restore it to the original setting.

If still fails, you might want to consider to bring your Tello the DJI service center/store to have them check it.

Cheers.

Reactions: Customerx
Never happened to me, maybe wrong a one - it can happen.. I would send it back..

I have the same problem, is there any working solution?
Try these steps and let us know the results:
2. Turn on Airplane mode in your iPhone/Android device
3. Turn on Wifi
5. Once you got the welcome screen "How To Connect" with the "Connect Tello" blue button on the bottom right, turn on your Tello
6. The app should automatically bring you to the Settings app and you can find your way to the Wifi setting
7. In the Wifi Settings screen, wait until you see the "Tello-xxxx" wifi name, tap on the Tello Wifi to connect

If still fails, you might want to consider to bring your Tello to an authorized DJI service center.

3. Turn on Wifi
6. The app should automatically bring you to the Settings app and you can find your way to the Wifi setting
7. In the Wifi Settings screen, wait until you see the "Tello-xxxx" wifi name, tap on the Tello Wifi to connect

If still fails, you might want to consider to bring your Tello to an authorized DJI service center.

Already read that above, but not working... Original thread starter, any update regarding your problem.? Is it solved yet?

3. Turn on Wifi

By the way, just noticed that you are from indonesia too.... I also live in semarang, nice to know you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv