Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New to tello

clgreen101

Reaction score
Hi there new to tello but have experience with Mavics and P4P. Quick question here: I just bought this Tello for my grandsons first drone ( although I may get one for me now lol) and was wondering if I am able to switch easily from one Phone to another phone as he will have to use mine or one of his parents phones to fly and no telling who he will be with. Kind of a process with remotes. Hoping it can be as simple as signing into to app and wifi connection.

thanks in advance

that's great news! While I have you here do you have any recommendations for a bluetooth controller? it will be working with android phones.

T1s with TelloFpv via USB OTG:
Press and hold "A" on the T1s and at the same time press the power button to power it on.
Open TelloFpv
Connect t1s with the USB OTG cable
Open Controller settings page of TelloFpv and select the gamesir controller as "Student"

T1s with TelloFpv via Bluetooth:
Press and hold "B" on the T1s and at the same time press the power button to power it on.
Open Android Bluetooth settings, search & pair the controller
Open TelloFpv
Open Controller settings page of TelloFpv and select the gamesir controller as "Student"

Sorry but I can't help with the Ryze Tello app as the Ryze app doesn't work on my phone due to Android 12.

Reactions: clgreen101
T1s with TelloFpv via USB OTG:
Press and hold "A" on the T1s and at the same time press the power button to power it on.
Open TelloFpv
Connect t1s with the USB OTG cable

T1s with TelloFpv via Bluetooth:
Press and hold "B" on the T1s and at the same time press the power button to power it on.
Open Android Bluetooth settings, search & pair the controller
Open TelloFpv

Sorry but I can't help with the Ryze Tello app as the Ryze app doesn't work on my phone due to Android 12.
Thank you very much I will go through all these steps tonight when I get home!

Reactions: volate!lo
I have tried and does not work. Maybe I am misunderstanding to "student" selection. I see "student" but when selected it only show me "on screen" not sure what to do with that

Last edited:
NVM Got it ! thanks!

Got it working with Tello FPV and I love it but my granson will be flying it from multiple phones depending on who is around. does anyone know how to make T1S work OTG with regular Tello app?

From memory (haven't used that app for years):
Press X button while powering up the controller
Open Tello app
Open settings
Open BT controller settings
The controller should show up

Just for the records: TelloFpv uses standard play store licensing. So if you have a family group set up in play store anyone in that group can use the app.

Returning to my Tello after years and would like to try the iPhone now rather than Android. Is the T1S the preferred controller and can it be used in a wired mode or is that only possible on Android? If it must be used with Bluetooth, does this cause any interference with the Tello?

I see more and more people get back to tello or downsize from larger drones. Sales seem to rise significantly (app downloads are steadily increasing since last year)
I guess related to all the regulations getting stricter

Anyway to your question:
iOS system only supports a selected hand full of wired controllers. Have to be MFi certified, that is mostly gamevice.
T1s and iOS is Bluetooth only and cones with interference. How bad this is? Some care some don't

Can you perhaps recommend a particular MFI certified controller? I have been using the PS4 controller wired to an Android and I would like to switch to the iPhone (for convenience) but I don't want to give up the wired controller.

Not really. I have a gamevice for my iphone, it works well but I find the sticks too short

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan